I have opened my rizk account in March 2017 and have made withdrawals prior to requesting the latest one this month.
On April 16th I have won a sum of 1500 CAD, when I went to place a withdrawal to my bank account everything went alright and it allowed me to do it. The following day when I attempt to login it says that my account has been blocked. I have attached the screenshot for the blocked account.
I was then contacted by Support to provide some standard verification procedures which turned out to be a nightmare for me.
On April 18th they requested that I upload the following:
- Proof of ID – This can be a copy of your Passport, Driving License or countries ID Card. The image must clearly show your face
- Proof of address – Please provide a recent utility bill (electricity, gas, water or phone), government letter or a bank statement. This must be dated within the last 6 months and clearly show your first name, surname and current address
- Proof of payment: Bank Statement – Please provide a screenshot / print screen of your most recent online bank statement. This must clearly display your full name, bank account number, banks logo and url of the webpage. It’s recommended to use a desktop browser rather than mobile to capture this
I have provided all the necessary documentation including my ID , a credit card bill, and my bank statement which is a proof of payment.
On April 20th I was then requested to provide the following for a second time which I gladly provided:
- A valid copy of your ID, front and back (e.g. National ID Card, Passport or Driving License).
- A proof of address, such as a utility bill, not older than 6 months and showing your name and full address.
- A copy of your bank statement for account ending ****** that shows your full name, your bank account number, IBAN and Swift. In case you use internet banking, you may also take a screenshot of your internet banking profile page where your name and bank account number are visible. Please also make sure that the URL of your bank is visible.
Documents sent to us are usually reviewed within 24 hours and we appreciate your patience and understanding with the above.
On April 21st I was then asked to provide another form of documentation which I provided, however as my bank only gives statements on the 8th of every month I have provided them the most recent statement dated March 6th to April 8th, but they are delaying my verification process due to this even tho I have given them the latest statement that is in my possession.
- A face verification. Please take a photo, in colour, of yourself while holding a valid identification document, with picture, next to your face. This is to verify that the identification document belongs to you.
- A copy of a bank statement of the account ****** showing your full name and bank account number and all transactions made in April.
On April 23rd they then proceed to ask this information again:
We are contacting regarding the verification documents you had provided for you account. We have not been able to accept your documents for the following reason.
-Face verification was missing the date of the picture
we need a clear selfie picture, where you hold the proof of ID next to your face. Make sure that we can see the information on the document. As well, it needs to show date when the photo is taken. Recommended that you write the date on a piece of paper while holding ID.
- Bank statement showing all transactions from April. you can download a full PDF bank statement from your online back account.
Once these are provided again we will do our best to review them and approve them as soon as possible.
I went ahead and gave them the requested documentation, then today they are also asking that I didn't send them anything although I have provided them with all the necessary documentation.
"We would like to start off by apologising for any inconvenience that our verification process has caused you. However, please understand that we require documents to be sent and verified provided that they are following the correct guidelines and criteria to meet.
In order for us to be able to verify your Face Verification, we kindly ask you to send these to [email protected]
In regards to your Bank Statement, this is to be provided with all transactions made for the month of April. We understand that this may not come to you until the 6th, however, if you kindly check back with your online banking and see if a statement can be requested earlier then we'll be happy to review this for you as soon as possible.
In the meantime, your cooperation is highly appreciated and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Rizk Customer Service."
So my question is why is my verification process taking over ten days, and why is it that everytime I provide the necessary documents they ask for additional new documents just to prolong the process.
Here are all the refrence numbers provided to me by rizk:
What else do I need to do more than providing a Utility bill, proof of payment, National ID card, a selfie of me holding the card, a selfie of me holding the card with a date stamp and numerous bank statements that were all provided.
I'm not getting any valid response but I'm just being told to wait and wait for days on end. Its been about 10 days since this dilemma started and I've been very patient with them but they don't seem to value my time and are just extending the waiting period.
I hope this issue can be investigated and thanks for reading.