Nauticus is a game developed in Flash, but I'm not sure that Microgaming has any kind of copyright on this game, because the game is included in the portfolio of a company called WagerMill Ltd, which I presume is quite new because of the small amount of products that has to offer, so much that Nauticus is the only of its slots offered on mobile version. This company has joined forces with "The Gaming Lab" in Sydney and with another international group of developers to create a new RGS back system to which they called GECO (Game Engine Co-Operative), and that's the reason why I do not know if some other companies share the copyright of Nauticus, but the real reasons I became interested in this game is the great reception given within some groups of players and good ratings and comments about this game, despite it’s not very sophisticated appearance and also has been developed in Flash.
The slot has 3 x 5 reels and 20 paylines, and a barely acceptable amount of bet levels ranging from $ 0.01 to $ 10 per line, but after playing it for a long time in StanJames casino I could confirm the comments, and I now understand it is not the appearance nor the paytable that generates the fascination of this game, but the variety and amount of bonus rounds and special features this game has, and certainly have the potential to generate no negligible profits as I myself could see, either that or today is my lucky day. The special features of Nauticus are:
- Pick a mine: each time they occur 3 or more scatters sea mine shaped, you should pick some to reveal your cash prize.
- Torpedo Bonus: when 3 or more scatters with the word bonus on them simultaneously appear anywhere, screen makes transition to another one where a game is waiting for you to press a fire button in order to your submarine shots a torpedo and destroys, one by one, as many sea mines as possible, and every time you hit, a prize is added to your balance. You have 3 torpedoes per target.
- Free Spins: with the appearance of 3 or 4 free spins scatters, you can get 10 or 15 free spins, but if you get 5 scatters, you can get randomly 20, 40, or 60 free spins. Awesome!
- Wild: is a substitute for all standard symbols and have the image of a shark. Appear during the base game on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 only.
- Sticky Wild: it has an image of a kind of submarine and appear only during free spins on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5, and its coolest feature is that it can remain stuck in place for up to 5 turns. This wild also works only as substitute, but in my opinion is the best feature of this slot.
I can only add that this game today allowed me to get my own way and now it is pending only of your own evaluation.