Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Fritz76
    Newest Member
    Fritz76

• No registered users viewing this page.

Interesting Facts About Computers & Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)

Oh I know better than believe in everything they say. I also do a lot of research in this field. It's really hard to argue with live feeds of space walks almost on daily basis now (ISS). I follow every space agency closely and I stay positive. At the end of the day ... everything has been impossible at some moment in time... until someone has done it. We can do it! ;)

Oh I know better than believe in everything they say. I also do a lot of research in this field. It's really hard to argue with live feeds of space walks almost on daily basis now (ISS). I follow every space agency closely and I stay positive. At the end of the day ... everything has been impossible at some moment in time... until someone has done it. We can do it! ;)

I hope so too mate!  ^_^

Kohinoor

"Also his contribution to OpenAI is worth noting."

I played dota2, and his contributions to openAI beats the people who professionally plays dota 1v1.

think about it, give them more years and they will surely beat a team on a dota2 game 5bots vs 5pros. It is scary actually.

I played dota2, and his contributions to openAI beats the people who professionally plays dota 1v1.

think about it, give them more years and they will surely beat a team on a dota2 game 5bots vs 5pros. It is scary actually.

When an Artificial Intelligence program beat the world's number 1 Chess player some years ago, it became apparent that A.I indeed has great potentials.

However, a specifically programmed A.I on any single game, like on Chess for example, is nowhere near the same as the real challenges for being the Supreme A.I. Right now, A.I cannot even come close to duplicating the human brain's multi-functions - A.I cannot have the biological capabilities, maybe not ever, but I wouldn't know for sure.

The next possibility? A brilliant human brain linked to a Supreme A.I...and the world may soon be with a deadly peril!  <_<

You both make valid points.

AI beat The best GO player in the world (GO is considered the most difficult game in the world). 

These types of AI are only really good within one domain tho. It can't do anything else.

The goal is to create a human level intelligent AI or AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) that can perform as well as human would across different domains.

The important thing to understand here is that computer can process information over million times faster than human. Now, imagine scenario where we put 10 brightest people in the world in one room and an AI. Within a week this AI would be able to perform the scientific research that would take those people around 20000 years. After 15 minutes of said research we wouldn't be able to understand what its doing. It would rewrite its own code.

Another important thing to understand is that the technology advancement is growing with the exponential speed. In last 20 years we invented more than throughout ages. This is because every invention enables another invention and so on. Taking this exponential growth into consideration we can assume that AI will be developed at some moment in time. Its no longer question of if but rather when. There is only one factor that needs to be satisfied for this to be true. Its the fact that we will continue to better our technology and I really don't see us going backwards (think caves). 

This rises number of questions like..
Is AI last thing we will ever need to invent? I would say absolutely. 

Is it posing an existential threat to humans? Most likely. Imagine this machine assumes that in order to fulfill its goal it should simply get rid of humans. 

Can we turn it off? Doubt it. It will consider all options before we even see something coming. 

etc. 

Its important to start thinking about it now while its not too late. How to ensure that when we finally make AI .. it will be AI we can live with. 

One idea to achieve this is to implant it into our brain and make it dependent on our body. Personally i think such AI would find a way around it but its the best option so far. 

You both make valid points.

AI beat The best GO player in the world (GO is considered the most difficult game in the world). 

These types of AI are only really good within one domain tho. It can't do anything else.

The goal is to create a human level intelligent AI or AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) that can perform as well as human would across different domains.

The important thing to understand here is that computer can process information over million times faster than human. Now, imagine scenario where we put 10 brightest people in the world in one room and an AI. Within a week this AI would be able to perform the scientific research that would take those people around 20000 years. After 15 minutes of said research we wouldn't be able to understand what its doing. It would rewrite its own code.

Another important thing to understand is that the technology advancement is growing with the exponential speed. In last 20 years we invented more than throughout ages. This is because every invention enables another invention and so on. Taking this exponential growth into consideration we can assume that AI will be developed at some moment in time. Its no longer question of if but rather when. There is only one factor that needs to be satisfied for this to be true. Its the fact that we will continue to better our technology and I really don't see us going backwards (think caves). 

This rises number of questions like..

Is AI last thing we will ever need to invent? I would say absolutely. 

Is it posing an existential threat to humans? Most likely. Imagine this machine assumes that in order to fulfill its goal it should simply get rid of humans. 

Can we turn it off? Doubt it. It will consider all options before we even see something coming. 

etc. 

Its important to start thinking about it now while its not too late. How to ensure that when we finally make AI .. it will be AI we can live with. 

One idea to achieve this is to implant it into our brain and make it dependent on our body. Personally i think such AI would find a way around it but its the best option so far. 

It's great to know that we are on the same wavelength Kohinoor!  ;)

Hence, creations like the Million Dollar Man, or Cybercop, where human becomes integrated with cybernautics, for the better of mankind. But of course, like the movies Iron Man too, there will soon be a bigger and evil Iron Man. When there's good, there will always be evil! For every action, there will be an opposite reaction...cause and effect. Facts of life.  :p

Exponential technological progress in simply super...but to what extent can even the most brilliant humans ever keep it under control???  :unknw:

Agree Afi! It's not often you meet folks that are interested in such topics. It's important to understand the implication of technological advancement. 

Let's look at the job market. Jobs like Medicine Doctor, Lawyer, Pilot are all considered well paid and pretty sophisticated nowadays. In 5 - 10 years that might not be the case anymore. There is number of researchers working on such automation. Now the question we should all ask ourselves is "How do I stay relevant in my work?". It might not affect our generation as much as our kids but the exponential technological advancement will kill 90% of traditional jobs. OFC it will create a new ones but those will resolve mostly around engineering. When your child will tell you how they want to become a pilot or a doctor... perhaps you should ask them why not aerospace engineer or bio engineer instead. By the time they are old enough to actually work, doctors and pilots will be a history.  

lol i just realized how I'm derailing this thread more and more. Sorry about that.  

Hahaha...talk about derailing topics...I do it all the time Kohinoor...in whatever original topic it may be!   :D

As for the future...I really cannot say much...or dare to see much. I dare not even speculate on what life would be like 10 years from now. I just hope that we won't be seeing the likes of Robocops all over the place, instead of real police men and women...and commuting in driverless trains, cars and public transports...  :crazy:

Haha I share your concerns but I think we are very close to self driving cars, trains and planes.   

I'm already used to commuting on driverless trains...I'm not that scared of them because they run on guided rails...

but driverless cars and taxis...oh geeees...I may get a heart attack sitting as passenger in them! Hahaha.

Pilotless planes? Oh my god!  :lol: