Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bumberboy1991
    Newest Member
    Bumberboy1991

• No registered users viewing this page.

Just When I thought All Things Would Be Rosy!

For a truly enjoyable experience of browsing the internet, a good and stable internet connection is a must. For most, this is not an issue, nor a problem, because they use state-of-the-art conveniences and facilities that their Internet Services Provider (ISP) can provide. Such conveniences are actually a luxury that not everyone can enjoy, and I am unfortunately one of them.

Unlimited internet access comes at a cost. In my country, it can be a monthly expenditure of RM200 or more, depending on how sophisticated the subscription plan is. This is one luxury I simply cannot afford, so I have no other choice but to go for a much cheaper solution of a fixed monthly Data Volume Plan, at about half the cost. It’s definitely better than nothing, but when the data volume has all been used up, then the heartaches begin!

I finally managed to get my 4G internet connection going, after 2 years of struggling and enduring the pains of a snail-pace 2G connection, but I now realised that not everything can be roses. My 50 GB data volume subscription per month could last for a whole 30 days of daily usage on 3G, but on 4G, I soon ran out of data volume in less than 3 weeks of usage! That is one blardy data guzzling 4G connection indeed, and I simply don’t like it, nor appreciate it at all! Why must 3G services be discontinued, forcing everyone to use 4G instead? Poor users like me are forced to dish out more money than they would like to, or even afford to, just so they can continue enjoying the internet. It's all for a better experience, they say, but to me, it’s all BULL!

I am now struggling yet again with a crawling 2G connection. My 4G connection would only resume on the 13th of each month, so I just have to endure this nonsense for a few more days. It pains me even more knowing well that this may be a regular monthly recurrence for me, but I simply cannot afford to subscribe for more data volume!

If only Askgamblers platform can be more friendlier to a 2G connection, then that would certainly reduce most of my heartaches. As it is now, most of the forum functions do not always work for me. Most of the time, I cannot make any replies, I cannot upload any screenshots, I cannot see images in the topics, and even the text may take ages to completely load up! All these are painful man! If only there’s a better way to get around these issues!

Sorry to hear about your struggles man

RM200 is just under 50 euro right?

I guess the 3G towers are being faded away, hence better spectrum are being provided to accommodate more stronger connections like 4G and 5G. 

3G here are so slow, it's like using Edge or GPRS and of course with advancement of technology and software evolving and all other developments are catering for high minimum requirements etc. 

Take an example like how Adobe flash ended so HTML5 taking over for slots now.

Same concept applies for 3G connection. It's extremely old. I remember 3G being introduced in the early 2000 years now and now our service provider (Mobile operators) does not support or provide 3G connection anymore, that means people who can't afford needs to upgrade or buy a newer model phone as well that support 4G and higher 

12 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

Sorry to hear about your struggles man

I guess the 3G towers are being faded away, hence better spectrum are being provided to accommodate more stronger connections like 4G and 5G. 

3G here are so slow, it's like using Edge or GPRS and of course with advancement of technology and software evolving and all other developments are catering for high minimum requirements etc. 

Take an example like how Adobe flash ended so HTML5 taking over for slots now.

Same concept applies for 3G connection. It's extremely old. I remember 3G being introduced in the early 2000 years now and now our service provider (Mobile operators) does not support or provide 3G connection anymore, that means people who can't afford needs to upgrade or buy a newer model phone as well that support 4G and higher 

If I lose 4G on my phone when I'm out and about I can kiss goodbye to using the internet or any apps that require internet! 

14 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

50 Euro certainly doesn't sound like much isn't it? But Euro is not my currency and RM200 to me is like 200 Euros to Europeans. Most can afford to spend that amount, for whatever expenditures they want or desire, but not everyone are like that.

Better technology means higher costs. Once again, not everyone wants or need such new and better technologies in their daily life! I certainly don't! I am making good on the most basic of things in life and I'm not really complaining, but when FORCED to accept a new technology, at more costs to me, like this BS 4G for example, I simply cannot accept it.

If only the internet can function properly, albeit very slowly, on the old 2G connection, then I would instantly throw out the blardy 4G connection!!! 

2 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

Oh no Afi I am so sorry to hear that, if I could make changes to the site to make it work better for you I surely would. Are there no other providers that could offer it a cheaper price? It's quite a competitive market in the UK.

Thanks Cocopop, I know you would, but I also know that Askgamblers platform cannot perform properly without higher tech requirements.

The current provider that I have been using for many years now, is to me, the BEST one available for Mobile Wifi connection. It's coverage is nationwide, unlike other providers, which I have used before and discarded. They are all competitively priced, not much of Ringgits (RM) separating them, so the coverage is of more importance to me.

I'm wondering how much a Mobile Wifi connection of 50 GB per month would cost in the UK or in Europe... 🤔

25 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

50 Euro certainly doesn't sound like much isn't it? But Euro is not my currency and RM200 to me is like 200 Euros to Europeans. Most can afford to spend that amount, for whatever expenditures they want or desire, but not everyone are like that.

Better technology means higher costs. Once again, not everyone wants or need such new and better technologies in their daily life! I certainly don't! I am making good on the most basic of things in life and I'm not really complaining, but when FORCED to accept a new technology, at more costs to me, like this BS 4G for example, I simply cannot accept it.

If only the internet can function properly, albeit very slowly, on the old 2G connection, then I would instantly throw out the blardy 4G connection!!! 

bro the world aint fair... I mean some people cant afford internet and then you have these types here... living it like this..

citybankermad.png.17ba25b188a58f20733bedb05e76aac9.pngbpprofit.png.e122ceef313f297d739d7da1b2ec1741.png

facelifts.png.3f21c9788046b3302d7386f8d7715132.png

14 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

@Flatzem Bro, I cannot see the images you have posted, but thanks anyway. Will look at them in 3 days time! 😉

in the meantime I will tell you what they show.

City banker 'infuriated' because bosses awarded him a 'mere' £300,000 annual bonus, tribunal hears.

BP made £6,900,000,000 in profit while you're counting the  pennies for fuel

Jessica Alves reveals painful bruises from latest facelift after 90 surgeries costing more than £900,000 over the years

You Mast be Kidding me, French court orders 4G turn off after 40 cow deaths, A French farmer has won a court battle to turn off a 4G mast he blames for killing his cows.

20 hours ago, Afi4wins said:

Thanks Cocopop, I know you would, but I also know that Askgamblers platform cannot perform properly without higher tech requirements.

The current provider that I have been using for many years now, is to me, the BEST one available for Mobile Wifi connection. It's coverage is nationwide, unlike other providers, which I have used before and discarded. They are all competitively priced, not much of Ringgits (RM) separating them, so the coverage is of more importance to me.

I'm wondering how much a Mobile Wifi connection of 50 GB per month would cost in the UK or in Europe... 🤔

We have unlimited data for £42 a month here Afi on my Wifi. 

My partner pays £45 for 100GB on his mobile data. I am a Sim only and share his phone data so only pay like £7 for 1GB.

20 hours ago, cocopop3011 said:

We have unlimited data for £42 a month here Afi on my Wifi. 

My partner pays £45 for 100GB on his mobile data. I am a Sim only and share his phone data so only pay like £7 for 1GB.

Thanks for the info Cocopop. 42GBP is about the same cost for uncapped data in my country.

20 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

1Gb of Mobile Data is R59 = $3.5
20Gb mobile data - R200 = $12

My Fibre at home - 1Gb Line speed (1024mb)  uncapped is R1300 = $70 per month.

You mean $70 USD right bro? I don't know how much such a plan would cost in my country, but RM300 would be about the same cost I think.

If only it was RM42 or RM70 for such plans, hahaha.