Numerous software providers and casino operators spend days thinking of the best way to take the gambling industry by the storm. Some of them are more successful than the others, but none of them has ever giving up on trying. To honor their hard work, the gambling community is hosting different awarding events each year. The EGR North America Awards was held few days ago, and here’s the story on who was the most successful and who scooped the accolades.
On EGR North America Awards
Before I dish the details on the categories and winners, let me tell you a bit about this event, if you still haven’t familiarized yourself with it.
This is the third year in a row that celebrates the North American gaming industry, and the people behind it are doing all they can to give due recognition to leading suppliers and operators across the entire North America.
This event has 3 categories which are then split in numerous subcategories. Three main categories include:
- Operator – with 13 subcategories
- Supplier and Services – with 6 subcategories
- Other – with 2 subcategories
This is merely the beginning of this amazing event, and we are sure that as the years go by it will grow bigger and bigger, which will cause the categories and subcategories to expand. Now let’s get to the main part!
This year the event was held in San Diego, California and it took place on Wednesday, April 26th, 2017. So, if you did not catch it in time here’s the list of 2017 winners:
- Operator of the year: Golden Nugget
- Casino operator: Golden Nugget
- Poker operator: PokerStars
- Fantasy sports operator: Boom Shakalaka (Boom Fantasy)
- Online horse racing wagering operator: Betfair Exchange
- Social operator: Murka
- Social slots operator: Murka
- Best product innovation: Golden Nugget & Ezugi
- Best new game: PLAYSTUDIOS
- Acquisition strategy: Golden Nugget
- Mobile gaming product: Golden Nugget
- Marketing campaign: ESP: esportspools
- Freeplay gaming supplier: GAN
- Casino platform supplier: NYX Gaming Group
- Acquisition and retention partner: Paysafe’s Income Access
- Payments company: PayNearMe
So, to sum it up, some of these have been expected, like the PokerStars scooping the poker operator award. Furthermore, as you can see, Golden Nugget scooped the biggest number of prizes – 5 in total, and if you want to find out if they really deserved it, then you can go over to the Golden Nugget and check, otherwise, keep an eye on the above mentioned winners, I am sure that great things are to come from them.