In the world of online gambling, when thinking of the most prestigious international gambling licenses, one may first think of the UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority as the most significant authorities, and Kahnawake may not even come to their mind. The truth is, Kahnawake is a very important jurisdiction and the Kahnawake gambling license is very popular among online casino operators due to its highly-esteemed regulatory authority and 0 % gaming tax on all gross gaming revenues.
Issuing Licenses Since 1999
Kahnawake was one of the first jurisdictions to foresee the potential of the online gambling sector and decide to regulate it. As of July 1999, the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake has been issuing licenses through the Kahnawake Gambling Commission to applicants who wish to run online casino sites. Since then, the Kahnawake jurisdiction has continually been licensing an extensive range of online casinos and has become one of the most respected licensing authorities in the whole world. To this day, there are at least 250 gambling venues licensed and regulated by Kahnawake.
Since 1999, the Kahnawake Gambling Commission has issued at least 250 gambling licenses to casino venues from all over the world.
While still supervising some inland casinos, the Commission’s focus is on controlling and developing the online gambling sector. The Commission guaranties that online gaming is managed securely, responsibly, and fairly, and is therefore considered to follow high standards.
The Kahnawake Commission issues the following types of licenses:
- Interactive Gaming License (IGL) for a permitted hosting facility in Kahnawake
- Client Provider Authorization (CPA) which is issued to each operator along with at least one Key Person License
- Inter-Jurisdictional Authorization (IJA) for an approved entity holding a valid interactive gaming license issued by another jurisdiction (the primary jurisdiction) and that wants to locate some or all of its equipment and personnel within the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake.
- Key Person License (KPL) for at least one person operating managerial or operational functions for the entity that holds a CPA
- Casino Software Provider Authorization (“CSPA”) for a holder to locate and operate interactive gaming equipment at the colocation facility that is owned and operated by the holder of a valid Interactive Gaming License.
Moreover, the CPA is valid for five years and it covers all markets with the exception of the USA.
Benefits of the Kahnawake Gaming License
One of the reasons why Kahnawake betting license is becoming more and more popular is because of the many benefits it offers. Here are just some of them:
- acquiring a license in a relatively short period
- respectable and trustworthy jurisdiction
- many licensing options to choose from
- less paperwork when applying for license (in comparison to other jurisdictions)
- a great option for start-ups or smaller businesses
- lower application fees
- zero-percent taxes
The Necessary Requirements: How to Get a Gaming License?
First off, all applicants must prove their identity (IDs, passports) and the sources of funding through various documents such as proof of address, proof of income, and professional references. Then, candidates must attach birth certificates, financial statements, bank references, as well as professional qualifications.
And last but not least, the Commission asks for details regarding games portfolio, software suppliers and confirmation of the RNG application and its fairness, including a third-party certification.
Where is Kahnawake Located?
Within the borders of Québec, and only 20 minutes from Montréal, Kahnawake is a community of approximately 8,000 Mohawk people living on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River.