The 2020 Global Regulatory Awards have taken place and we have the winners to share with you. VIXIO GamblingCompliance announced the 18 winners from nearly one hundred finalists that were nominated across all of the award categories.
A Virtual Event
Hosted by VIXIO GamblingCompliance, the Global Regulatory Awards were sponsored by the SAZKA Group this year and had to take a different approach due to the current Covid-19 concerns.
The awards went virtual for the first time ever but was still a successful event all round. These awards have become a highlight in the compliance and responsible gambling calendar in recent times. They recognise and reward those in the industry who continue to work tirelessly to set new standards in safer gambling.
Taking a virtual approach this year, the Global Regulatory Awards recognise and reward those who work hard in setting new safer gambling guidelines.
They are independently judged by a panel of experts that are leaders in their field. Anyone who wins an award at the GRA’s is a clear demonstration of dedication to trustworthy gambling and regulatory compliance.
There was a mixture of amazing categories and winners this year so without further ado let’s take a look, shall we:
- Compliance Outstanding Achievement - iSoftBbet
- RegTech Provider of the Year - GeoComply
- Chief Compliance Office of the Year - Jon Duffy from Genting Casino, UK
- Best Regulatory Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year - CMS
- Best Regulatory Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year (North America) - Paul Hastings LLP
- Rising Star - Erica Okerberg, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year - David Briggs, GeoComply
- In-House Counsel/Legal Team of the Year - William Hill Group Legal Team
- Compliance Officer of the Year - Adam Torres from San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
- Head of AML/MLRO or AML Team of the Year - AML Team at Genting Casinos UK
- Payment Service or Solution Provider of the Year - WorldPay
- Head of Regulatory Affairs/Government Relations - Kimberley Broad from Microgaming
- Responsible Approach to Advertising Award - William Hill
- Compliance Innovator or Innovation of the Year - Gamalyze, Mindway AI
- Commitment To Compliance by An Affiliate Company - Better Collective
- Compliance Team of the Year - Playtech Compliance Team
- Award for Outstanding Individual Contribution to Responsible Gambling - Jon Duffy, Genting Casinos UK
- Compliance Lifetime Achievement Special Award - Richard Flint
Congratulations to everyone who won and who was nominated and a special shout out to Genting Casino who seemed to steal the limelight here!