Global online gambling awards present a convenient way for the industry to give recognitions to individuals and companies from the gambling space for their excellence and contribution to the business. Not long ago you had an opportunity to become acquainted with the AskGamblers Awards 2018 Winners and today we bring you the story about another type of awards, the ones related to regulatory landscape and compliance. The GamblingCompliance Global Regulatory Awards 2018 shortlist is out and Play’n GO have a nice chance to win in three different categories.
Why GamblingCompliance Matters
Playing online slots in online casinos is great fun and we all know it. However, responsible gambling initiatives and compliance are vital preconditions for safe and relaxing gaming. Being compliant is not an easy task, neither is staying on the top in a competitive niche such as online gambling. Knowing that, gambling operators put significant efforts to excel in the field of regulatory compliance.
Examples of such efforts sometimes result in innovations such as Mr Green’s Predictive Gaming Tool, which works as a self-help gambling assistant. By allowing a player to focus on risk, intensity, change and volume, the tool analyzes the player’s gaming journey and playing behaviour.
The last year’s inaugural edition of GamblingCompliance Global Regulatory Awards was held in London and it attracted over 350 regulatory professionals from the entire gambling industry. This year’s show will take place on the 18th of April 2018 in the luxurious Sheraton Grand London Park Lane hotel.
Global Regulatory Awards 2018 Nominees
The shortlist for 17 awards that recognize various roles and disciplines within compliance and responsible gambling is out, so let’s have a look at the listed categories:
1. Head of Risk
2. Head of AML/MLRO of the Year (Online)
3. Head of AML/MLRO of the Year (Land-based)
4. Compliance Officer of the Year
5. Compliance Officer of the Year (North America)
6. Chief Compliance Officer of the Year
7. Compliance Innovator or Innovation of the Year
8. Compliance Outstanding Achievement Award
9. Compliance Lifetime Achievement Award
10. Compliance Payment Service or Solution Provider of the Year
11. RegTech Provider of the Year
12. Best Regulatory Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year
13. Best Regulatory Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year (North America)
14. Most Significant Contribution to Responsible Gambling Research
15. In-House Counsel/Legal Team of the Year
16. Outstanding Individual Contribution to Responsible Gambling in a Customer Facing Role
17. Data Protection Officer of the Year
Play’n GO is an award-winning supplier of high quality content to many of the world’s leading online casinos and they have confirmed their international regulatory credentials with three nominations at Global Regulatory Awards 2018. Coming on the back of Play’n GO’s success in working with regulators, Play’n GO and their officers made it to the finals for In-House Counsel/Legal Team of the Year, Compliance Officer of the Year and Data Protection Officer of the Year.
Comments from Play’n GO Representatives
Johan Törnqvist, CEO of Play’n GO, said: “These nominations confirm our credentials of being the leading supplier to regulated territories. We’ve been proactive in building a first-class legal and compliance team which can deal with the evolving rigors of the international legislative landscape and it’s great to be recognized for this strategy.
The categories will be hotly contested, but I’ve seen the work our legal teams do first hand and competitors would be hard-pushed to be more engaged in the process and effective in its implementation, ensuring our content seamlessly integrates with clients around the world.”
We wish good luck to the shortlisted applicants and may the best win!