Monday is usually a great day for new beginnings, but we were so excited that couldn't wait a minute longer to share with you our very first interview with a software company. Meet Petter Viklund, the marketing account manager at Play'n Go and find out what this amazing software provider has in store for you!
1. Over the years you have established yourself among the world's top software providers. We know that your headquarters are in Sweden, and that you have offices in three more countries as well. Are you planning to expand your company to other countries?
We are continuously growing the company in all our current offices and it is likely that we will expand into more countries where we have new and emerging markets. Play’n GO use a proven formula for software development which we can blend with the local culture to create new offices that deliver results quickly.
2. Play'n GO take pride in providing the strongest mobile casino offer on the market, and the fact is that you have won this year’s mobile product of the year award at IGA. Could you share with us your secret for success? Why are your mobile games the best?
We spend lots of time tweaking and polishing our games and over the years we have perfected the processes and formulas needed to create really great games. Our long experience in game development and the gaming industry and our continued commitment to the mobile channel are key factors to always deliver games on a high quality level.
3. Since the beginning of the year you have partnered up with strong brands such as Mr Green casino and Casumo casino. You have also launched a number of amazing slots. Should we expect more slots and more successful partnerships in the near future?
Yes, you should expect many more slots from Play'n GO in the future. We always have many games in many different themes and styles in various stages of production and will release a steady flow of high quality games both for global and local markets. We are constantly adding new brands to our list of partners and this will continue in the future.
4. Earlier this year, you have also teamed up with Worldpay. How do players benefit from this partnership?
Worldpay is a payment supplier which is a great partner for operators that choose to use our full gaming platform.
5. This year, you have launched new slots for each major holiday, Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Easter. Is there an awesome Halloween slot coming up, too?
Yes, there is. We will launch a very tasteful slot for Halloween with a Trick or Treat theme. This is a high variance slot with many tasty wins! This slot will be released a few weeks before Halloween.
6. Following the launch of these slots there were amazing promotions such as Easter Egg sand Merry Xmas, and the most recent one was Spin Party. How do you choose the casinos that host these promotions?
With our highly successful Merry Xmas slot and Easter Eggs slot promotions in the books, we did welcome some special selected casino operators to join the party and take the chance to offer their players the ultimate Luxury Caribbean Cruise, all sponsored by Play’n GO! The Spin Party promotion was a mega hit in many ways, as we did get a total of 7 lucky winners, winning everything from iPads, iPhones, iMac and the happiest winner of them all who won the Luxury Caribbean cruise, came from Sportingbet casino and was Dmytro H, from Kharkiv in Ukraine.
It all depends on the game actually. If we believe the game is specifically targeting the Scandinavian markets, we’d try to target casino operators who have strong presence in that region and invite them towards that specific promotion.
7. Is there a new promotion on the horizon?
You bet there is. We’ve just finalized our next promotion, taking place on the 1st – 11th October on our then newly released slot Eye of the Kraken. (Participating brands: NordicBet casino, Betsson casino, Kroon casino, LeoVegas casino, ComeOn casino, SportingBet casino, Vera John casino, BetVictor casino, Mr Green casino and GUTS casino)
We’re also in the making of our Halloween Promotion which will be running from the 19th – 31st October on our then newly releases slot Happy Halloween (This campaign will also include game play on our successful hits Wild North slot, Golden Ticket slot, Royal Masquerade slot & Tower Quest slot.)
8. Royal Masquerade slot, as well as a few more of your recent games, has a gamble feature. Is that becoming a standard feature that we can look forward to seeing in all your future games?
We use the gamble feature in many of our games but, this is not a feature we are adding to every game, it depends on the intended market and the gameplay in general.
9. Your Super Flip and Danish Flip slots are exclusive to Unibet and cannot be found at any other online casino. Will you be doing more exclusive slots in the future?
We are working with exclusive slots for selected partners and will do more exclusive slots in the future. Play'n GO has the capacity and the know-how to create tailor-made slots which our partners can take advantage of to maximize their brand potential. We are always happy to discuss bespoke productions with our partners and have delivered a lot of these with great success in the past.
10. We have noticed that you are fond of Scandinavian mythology, as there are a few slots such as Troll Hunters slot based on it. Taking into account your popularity among the Scandinavian players will there be more slots with this theme?
We are always striving to match the best themes with the best gameplay. If a game is successful we apply different themes to that game for different markets. We are delivering games on a global market and not all themes will work on all markets even if the gameplay is great. Therefore, it is very likely that we will explore the Scandinavian mythology further in upcoming slots.
11. What was the biggest win you had and which game was it on?
The biggest single win one of our games has paid out has been on the Betsson Classics series as these are progressive jackpot machines. Wins have been more then €500 000.
12. My favourite game from Play’n Go is definitely the quirky Crazy Cows Slot. What’s yours?
My favourite Play'n GO game is Tower Quest slot although we have an upcoming slot next year which will be even better.
13. NetEnt has Starburst, Microgaming, on the other hand, has Immortal Romance. What about you? Which game, would you say, is your trade mark?
Our trade mark game is for sure GEMiX Slot. It is a unique game that blends together elements from casual games and slot machines. It has great playability and has achieved quite a fanbase since we launched it last December. We will release a spin off title from GEMiX this year as a Christmas presents to our players.
14. I would like to thank you Petter and wish you the best of luck with all your future slots.
Thanks for having us for this interview and we're more than happy to answer any question you or your players may have.