This guy will put a smile on your face! Martyn Beacon, affiliate Edge brands representative, is one of the favourite faces in the world of casinos and gambling, for a long time already!Martyn is fantastic representative and also a great company to have around! Everybody are familiar with his rare gift! He is able to put two Redbull canes on his head and they won't fall down!This trick is often used in his brands promotions, like the one with rubber doll in his form and with his face. He loves his job a lot and we all love Martyn! Enjoy the interview.
1) Hi Martyn! How long have you been working for Affiliate Edge and what are your previous experiences in gambling industry?
I’ve been at AffiliateEdge.com for the last 5 long and enjoyable years and have gone through one of the toughest things a brand can do, a full rebrand from our previous program CWCAffiliates.com. Due to the expansion of the affiliate program, we outgrew our old brand name and took the plunge with the new name in September 2010.
Before this role, I’ve had a few jobs in the gambling industry, in total I’ve worked in the same role in online gambling for 9 years for companies such as Betfred, Casino.com, RedReturns and now AffiliateEdge.com.
2) You were granted Best Casino Manager award in 2012. and 2013. Correct me if there were more of them before! Do these awards increase your responsibility or motivate you to work even harder? What do they mean to you?
You’re correct, we also won a couple. They mean a great deal, even to be nominated and shortlisted is an honour and for me it shows the work we do behind the scenes is being recognised. It does spur you on to try and make a difference in your role but at the same time it adds a little bit of pressure to get on the list again each year. I failed this time round so it seems I have to work double hard this year to make the shortlist again in 2015!
It’s also a great night out at the awards show. We tend to take a couple of tables and invite some of our affiliates on for a good night out on us, food and drink included. And on top of this, my mum (Martyn Beacon’s mum) is very proud when I do win and she gets a new ornament for the mantel piece.
3) You are among the fastest paying Real Time Gaming powered casinos. Do you intend to become the fastest?
Fast is good, but what we’d like to do is set a standard where we’re consistent and the players know they’re going to get paid. Especially for our US customers, getting paid is a little more troublesome for the larger amounts which is why it can sometimes take a little longer. We don’t slow pay our players and we try and treat them well where possible. We understand that fast payments is something that come high on the list of every player and we do what we can to meet/exceed their expectations.
4) According to the info we have on AskGamblers, neither one of your casinos allow manual flushing! Are you going to implement this service in the future?
This is correct, we do advise all players that payments can take up to 48 hours but these are usually done in 24 hours. At this stage, I am not aware of this process being added to our group of casinos. Due to the volume of people we have playing at our brands the payments are done on a strict order of first come first served. When a player requests the cash-out, the funds then go into a pending status while our cashier department work their way through them.
5) Any plans of changing the type of welcome bonuses from non-cashable to cashable?
This one is a little out of my jurisdiction and generally not conversation or meeting that I would be involved in. Theres always a chance we would freshen up the welcome offers but whether that would include making the bonus money cashable or not, I cannot say.
6) All your brands are Real Time Gaming powered, except Buzzluck Casino, which has an addition in NuWorks. This software, Real Time Gaming's sister, is rarely present in online casinos, but it accepts US players! Will you be adding it to your other brands or maybe some other software provider will be added?
We run NuWorks casino software on Buzzluck only. It’s a standalone software which is aimed at slot Players Only. We won’t be adding it to any other brands we currently have but there may be new brands in the future that we push out.
You are right in saying it accepts US players, it’s actually a little gem of a casino but it gets a little less coverage, I think may be down to how familiar players are with our Real Time Gaming brands but I can assure everyone that we run our casinos in exactly the same way, honestly and reliably.
7) What is the risk and obstacle of having US welcome casinos?
The two main things are payment processing and keeping our players happy. If the first one fails they both fail, which is why we keep on top of both to ensure the happy medium. This is where sites like AskGamblers come in, educating the players helps new players understand the industry and the dispute service also helps both parties to get their points across.
8) As mentioned, your brands are among the fastest paying, but we still receive a lot of complaints for them. In the last six months, there is a lot of them unresolved. Do you have an explanation for our players, why that happens?
With the volume of players we have across 7 US friendly brands there are bound to be occasions where a player feels they have not received the treatment they feel they deserve or they feel aggrieved at a situation that may have occurred. Looking back on a few complaints now, most complaints seem to arise from free chip wins where some players either try and abuse the free chip offer by opening multiple accounts claiming multiple free chips or there is an issue with the details or documents they supply causing delays in approvals which slows down the payments.
We do try and address all complaints on AskGamblers when they come in, any that remain unresolved are likely to have been resolved outside of the AskGamblers website and the thread not updated.
9) As one of your affiliates, we are trying to have better bonuses than casinos are standardly offering! Can we expect exclusive bonuses for Club SA Casino and Buzzluck Casino, since for these two brands there isn't any?
These two casinos run slightly differently and we don’t use free chips for player acquisition. It started off as more of a test at first to see what the take up would be and in all honesty, players still love them. Not all players are looking for free chips so having these two on offer gives these kind of players a casino where they know exactly what they are going to get.
Free chips are used on these casinos, but more for retaining players or rewarding players for their activity or loyalty with us and not just to sign up.
10) I was always curious to know why the name of your affiliate program was changed from CWC to Affiliate Edge and did it bring you some advantages?
Ooops, kind of answered this already, but I’ll go into more detail here.
CWC Affiliates stands for Club World Casinos Affiliates. Club World was our first and our flagship brand so it made sense, at that time to name the affiliate program after it. It got hugely popular and as we grew as a company we started to add new brands with the addition of Aladdin’s Gold then Lucky Red. Around this stage we got into negotiations to purchase All Star Slots and along with it the domain name of their old affiliate program, AffiliateEdge.com. This is where things really started to take off.
A total rebrand can be tricky as people know and trusted CWC Affiliates, but communication was key and it all went pretty smoothly. With the transition, we also built our own in house affiliate program which is bigger and better than what we had before. It was needed to if we wanted to progress and continue to grow for our affiliate partners.
11) And for the end...do you have a favourite brand of nine existing and if you do, why chose that one?
I love them all is the diplomatic answer.
But if I were to pick one, I’d go for Aladdin’s Gold Casino. I saw the full process for this casino from sketches to the finished article and it was amazing. One of the first to include such a detailed intro movie to the standards of a Disney movie, it was epic. It took a while to load in the early stages as we tried to keep the quality of the video clip high but since toned it down a little bit to improve player experience.
It’s got a massive offer too, 200% unlimited deposit bonus on all deposits for 7 days plus the exclusive the AskGamblers players can receive!