The Global Regulatory Awards 2019 event has taken place and we have the winners. They recognise excellence in the gaming industry awarding online casinos and individuals that work tirelessly to set new standards. This is now the third successful and annual Regulatory Awards to have taken place and we’re going to take a look at some of the worthy recipients now.
Gambling operators are constantly trying to keep on top of this changing regulatory landscape but these awards also recognise those who make sense of it all.
They are in fact the first industry awards that recognise and celebrate those individuals and teams that set standards in the compliance and responsible gambling industry.
The third annual Global Regulatory Awards recognise and celebrate individuals who set standards in compliance.
They shine a spotlight on anyone who drives commitment to compliance within their organisations, or the organisations that advise it.
There is an independent panel of judges that assess the nominees work, ready for the big event. This is a black tie event where the winners were announced at a gala dinner at the iconic De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in the heart of London,
And the Winners Are..
The night went down an absolute storm and was attended by anyone who’s anyone. That included over 350+ industry professionals from around the globe. They came and celebrated the achievements of their peers which was hosted by actor and comedian Stephen Mangan.
There were 17 categories and was an incredible tough judging process this year! Before we announce the winners, we’d like to say a huge congratulations from the entire AskGamblers team. Here they are:
- Compliance Innovator or Innovation of the Year - Paddy Power Betfair
- Compliance Officer of the Year - Play’n GO’s Alex Dumitrache
- Compliance Lifetime Achievement Award - George Debrincat, Kindred Group
- Award for Commitment to Compliance by an Affiliate Company - Better Collective
- Award for Outstanding Commitment to Responsible Gambling - Jeanne David, The Stars Group
- Best Regulatory Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year - Harris Hagan
- Best Regulatory Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year (North America) - Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Chief Compliance Officer of the Year - Trevor De Giorgio, Greentube
- Chief Executive Officer of the Year - Dr. Monika Racek, ADMIRAL Casinos & Entertainment AG
- Compliance Outstanding Achievement Award - Deborah Roil, Industry Group for Responsible Gambling
- Data Protection Officer or Team of the Year - Legal Team, ECIJA
- Head of AML/MLRO or AML Team of the Year - AML Team, Genting Casinos UK
- Head of Regulatory Affairs/Government Relations of the Year - Martin Lycka, GVC Holdings PLC
- In-House Counsel/Legal Team of the Year - Kambi
- Most Significant Contribution to Responsible Gambling Research - Maris Bonello & Team, Kindred Group
- Payment Service or Solution Provider of the Year - Passport Technology
- Regtech Provider of the Year - gamban
Well done guys!