Jump to content
icon Ag awards
icon
Notifications
Login
EN
Stevenrr

Source of wealth and refund

Recommended Posts

Hi I'm new to this site and I wanted some advise 

I joined a "site" and I have been addicted to gambling I have put over£50000 into slots over 2 months I have been out of control and the casino site just kept ringing me and giving me gifts ect making me vip 

They sent me a source of wealth and I never filled it out and they didn't chase me on this 

I have spent money that isn't mine and money I should have given to hmrc ect 

If they made me fill the source of wealth I would have never been able to get my self in the position 

Is there anything I can do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who did the money belong to ? £50,000 is some SERIOUS cash, is it a case of you dug yourself into a hole then kept on trying to find a way out of it I guess?... What a mess. Another poster wrote a similar problem yesterday, same thing applies here... your outlook strongly depends on WHO you gambled this money with. But the SOW form isn't some kind of safety net for those who gamble more than they can afford, I don't think... it's basically there to find out if you are laundering proceeds of crime, it's not intended to give any support to the player to the best of my knowledge. Just like talking to the police..... anything you say will be used against you, it can never help you because it's "hearsay" if it supports you... it's "evidence" if it doesn't. That;'s the messed up world we live in unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The money was mine from my business account from deposits ect 

I have spoken to the gambling commission and they said that I should never been able to put that much in with out the sow and sof being filled out and the casino site should have stopped me playing untill the sow was complete 

I haven't broken any laws as the money comes under liability to hmrc and costomers not  theft 

I just Lost control and couldn't help myself chasing my losses 

Gambling commission are going to look into the matter because the casino have broken the responsible and social regulations and Ive should be able to put that much on with out the sow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stevenrr said:

The money was mine from my business account from deposits ect 

I have spoken to the gambling commission and they said that I should never been able to put that much in with out the sow and sof being filled out and the casino site should have stopped me playing untill the sow was complete 

I haven't broken any laws as the money comes under liability to hmrc and costomers not  theft 

I just Lost control and couldn't help myself chasing my losses 

Gambling commission are going to look into the matter because the casino have broken the responsible and social regulations and Ive should be able to put that much on with out the sow 

did you do as high as £100 spins on slots? cause if you have that puts you into a special category , two other members are in it so far as I know.

did you watch any slot streamers on youtube/twitch and see how they high roll on slots? encourages people to bet that high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stevenrr said:

At one point I was doing 200 spins  

Casinos us the sow to not pay out to people surely it can be used the other way as well  

£200 spins? what slot was that on.

Casino should have waited until you completed the SOW before they allowed you to continue high rolling like that. They were negligent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would tell you but I've requested a refund and I'm waiting a response I don't want to name and shame untill I get a answer from the site 

I've been in contact with a solicitor who will take up my case if necessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stevenrr said:

I would tell you but I've requested a refund and I'm waiting a response I don't want to name and shame untill I get a answer from the site 

I've been in contact with a solicitor who will take up my case if necessary  

don't tell me the casino name, just the name  of the slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stevenrr said:

Every game I played I max bet on thinking I would Win Big but never did and any wins I did get I reversed and played back in that's how addicted I became 

see this to explain why slots are so addictive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stevenrr said:

Hi I'm new to this site and I wanted some advise 

I joined a "site" and I have been addicted to gambling I have put over£50000 into slots over 2 months I have been out of control and the casino site just kept ringing me and giving me gifts ect making me vip 

They sent me a source of wealth and I never filled it out and they didn't chase me on this 

I have spent money that isn't mine and money I should have given to hmrc ect 

If they made me fill the source of wealth I would have never been able to get my self in the position 

Is there anything I can do 

In relation to your original question, if the GC are already looking into it for you I guess there is not much more you can do for now but await their response.  Is your account now closed at the casino?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there @Stevenrr and welcome to AskGamblers Forum. 

Have two really simply questions prior giving you my two cents... 

How exactly UKGC 'engaged' with this particular issue considering the fact they usually do not handle individual player disputes? 

What would have happened had you won big while playing with these huge best? 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have contacted them by telephone and I have a complaint ref ect 

If I would have won big I would have played it back in

I had many 3-6k wins that I reversed and put back in

Was addicted to playing the game more than the money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ValDes said:

Hi there @Stevenrr and welcome to AskGamblers Forum. 

Have two really simply questions prior giving you my two cents... 

How exactly UKGC 'engaged' with this particular issue considering the fact they usually do not handle individual player disputes? 

What would have happened had you won big while playing with these huge best? 

Thanks.

I rang them and explained what's happened and there are interested in how I've been able to deposit 20k in the first month with out any sow checks and the I managed to put another 30k +without filling in a sow after they sent me one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They tend to take interest in this from the perspective of finding out if there are any casinos that should feature on their ‘random’ inspections. Unfortunately they’re unlikely, to my knowledge, to go as far as saying ‘Pay Mr Pinnit back his cash’; sometimes when they do their reports they do something’s do this I think, but it’s relatively rare....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that the gc are probably not going to tell them to give the money back 

I'm hoping that it gives me enough leverage to get my money back with a pending investigation 

If I don't get my money back atleast it will stop them doing the same thing to someone else who has a gambling problem all they have done is enabled me and kept sending me gifts ie vouchers worth £100s and giving me free cash to play to keep me interested 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stevenrr said:

I understand that the gc are probably not going to tell them to give the money back 

I'm hoping that it gives me enough leverage to get my money back with a pending investigation 

If I don't get my money back atleast it will stop them doing the same thing to someone else who has a gambling problem all they have done is enabled me and kept sending me gifts ie vouchers worth £100s and giving me free cash to Play to keep me interested 

If you check out the LCCP code it was revised i think to beef up the whole VIP element, putting onus on greater checks needing to be performed for these individuals.

Eventually we'll see VIP schemes scrapped in the UK i think - for every argument of 'they're encouraging them to gamble more', there's the View that they've simply looking after their high value clients - which is no different to many other businesses. Fine line to walk to be honest and that's why bonus's/spins/VIP will likely disappear here as they have in Sweden, for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pinnit2015 said:

If you check out the LCCP code it was revised i think to beef up the whole VIP element, putting onus on greater checks needing to be performed for these individuals.

Eventually we'll see VIP schemes scrapped in the UK i think - for every argument of 'they're encouraging them to gamble more', there's the View that they've simply looking after their high value clients - which is no different to many other businesses. Fine line to walk to be honest and that's why bonus's/spins/VIP will likely disappear here as they have in Sweden, for example.  

Maybe the VIP High Rollers will move to countries where their high value play will be appreciated and properly rewarded. Countries that impose high taxes on the millionaires, the millionaires simply move out to countries where they are not getting ripped off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flatzem said:

Maybe the VIP High Rollers will move to countries where their high value Play will be appreciated and properly rewarded. Countries that impose high taxes on the millionaires, the millionaires simply move out to countries where they are not getting ripped off.

Brain drain as they say, when people see their worth rewarded elsewhere.

Re VIP's that'll be what happens. For UK based players the results could be bad for them - tempted to play in dodgy casino's/non-paying places etc etc. Having said that, you'd hope if they had a whack of cash behind them they'd perform due diligence etc.

What's the stat? Something like 70% of a casinos revenues are from H Rollers? That's the casino's snookered then. 

Not a dig at the OP but you just have to read on forums to see more and more posts like this, to see why some casinos are going OTT (Hello, Slotsmillions) in the UK at least over stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, must admit you 'sound' as the typical problem gambler so really hope you have already taken the relevant course of actions to fight with it. :(

Re the issue in question, I guess you are pretty much in a limbo here with ADRs refusing to handle SE/RG issues and UKGC refusing to handle individual player disputes. Not sure if any third-party mediation service such as our AGCCS for example would also agree to process the case since we talk about detailed analysis on whether specific UKGC LCCP stipulations have been properly implemented and sanctioned by the operator which is almost mission impossible to say the least... 

Sincerely hope you will receive some feedback from the UKGC any time soon and they will provide some/any resolution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ValDes said:

Well, must admit you 'sound' as the typical problem gambler so really hope you have already taken the relevant course of actions to fight with it. :(

Re the issue in question, I guess you are pretty much in a limbo here with ADRs refusing to handle SE/RG issues and UKGC refusing to handle individual player disputes. Not sure if any third-party mediation service such as our AGCCS for example would also agree to process the case since we talk about detailed analysis on whether specific UKGC LCCP stipulations have been properly implemented and sanctioned by the operator which is almost mission impossible to say the least... 

Sincerely hope you will receive some feedback from the UKGC any time soon and they will provide some/any resolution. 

I have registered with gamstop and I am also talking to gamcare and I am seeking medical help for depression 

It has really impacted on my life in every way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...