Jump to content
icon Ag awards
icon
Login
cocopop3011

We have a brand new forum coming soon!

Recommended Posts

Hi there Boro bro. :hi:

With all that forthcoming upgrades, I hope to see this forum running at top speed real soon.

By the way, is that deer one of your tech team? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well

I gotta admit, today is the fastest that the AG website had Loaded, literally loads the entire website within 3 seconds.  The website is great and very fast and responsive.

Well a done.

Getting used to the new features now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fiekie247 said:

Well

I gotta admit, today is the fastest that the AG website had Loaded, literally loads the entire website within 3 seconds.  The website is great and very fast and responsive.

Well a done.

Getting used to the new features now.

And you have no idea how glad we are to hear that! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

Well

I gotta admit, today is the fastest that the AG website had Loaded, literally loads the entire website within 3 seconds.  The website is great and very fast and responsive.

Well a done.

Getting used to the new features now.

Yep same for me, don't seem to be getting any issues loading now at all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, to be very honest, my Bell notification hasn't been working at all for the last 2 or 3 days...if only there's a very quick shortcut to the Unread Content section, without having to go back to it each and every time...that's why I love the Bell notification...I can quickly pick whichever post I want to read, then instantly refer back to it for the next post.

Similarly, the lower right hand side column shows the latest posts...but only a few can be shown. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAAARGH!!! ?

I went to the Mega Win thread and saw this...the extremely cold weather in the US has shrunk all screenshots in this thread! ?

Mega Win Section.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

Well, to be very honest, my Bell notification hasn't been working at all for the last 2 or 3 days...if only there's a very quick shortcut to the Unread Content section, without having to go back to it each and every time...that's why I love the Bell notification...I can quickly pick whichever post I want to read, then instantly refer back to it for the next post.

Similarly, the lower right hand side column shows the latest posts...but only a few can be shown. ?

Tbh I hardly ever use my bell feature I just go straight to unread or all activity. Now I've checked it after reading what you wrote I do need to reauthorize my account to use the feature,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Afi4wins said:

Well, to be very honest, my Bell notification hasn't been working at all for the last 2 or 3 days...if only there's a very quick shortcut to the Unread Content section, without having to go back to it each and every time...that's why I love the Bell notification...I can quickly pick whichever post I want to read, then instantly refer back to it for the next post.

Similarly, the lower right hand side column shows the latest posts...but only a few can be shown. ?

 

Yes. I can see this for myself now, bell is not working. Will add that to the list of urgent fixes, thanks for the tip!

Also on mobile when i click on it, it scrolls the page back to the top which is very irritating to me as i have to scroll all the way back down.

What do you guys think about adding “back to top” / “go to bottom” buttons for threads? From using the forum these past few days i noticed i personally need those :p

As for the speed, hehe, theres more performance in store, we’re just half way there ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boro said:

Also on mobile when i click on it, it scrolls the page back to the top which is very irritating to me as i have to scroll all the way back down.

Ahh now this was actually a problem on the old version of the site which was really annoying but I don't seem to have this issue any more. But yes I thinking adding this would be really helpful so if it does happen there's a quick solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cocopop3011 said:

Ahh now this was actually a problem on the old version of the site which was really annoying but I don't seem to have this issue any more. But yes I thinking adding this would be really helpful so if it does happen there's a quick solution.

Might as well put it in the desktop version too...saves me many finger scrolling! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey gang, i was a busy bee the last couple of days.

We listened to all the requests for changes and prioritised them, so you can definitely expect more changes and fixes in the future ❤️  The forums community is very important to us, so we want to make the best experience possible for you guys and for everyone to feel like at home.

Today marks the day we upgraded the whole infrastructure that holds the forums together, and you should be feeling huge speedups in performance (with no downsides hehe)!
Now i'm going back to work work work, and if you have any questions for me, i am always nearby :) just post here and i'll answer asap.

Thanks to our beautiful Support, Mod and Admin teams that helped with this whole ordeal, and thank you everyone else for keeping your sanity while we had that little transitional period of low performance. I hope it payed off :D

Anyways, will report back once we deploy any new fixes for the stuff you guys requested. This topic shall not die and be forgotten ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boro Hey Hey! I forgot to ask when I read your post if one of your fixes includes posts in 'Unread Content' going straight to the last page and most recent post as opposed to the first page like it is at the moment?

When browsing in 'All Activity' it does automatically go to the last post, but not in Unread Content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also to add @Boro - Notifications for new PM's appearing under the bell icon as well, because now you have to check your inbox manually all the time to see if someone sent you something via PM. It used to appear under the notification bell before with all other notification like forum content, reviews etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new to the forum! Just wondered, what are the key new features that have been introduced, other than being able to tag one another? Also, this seems like a huge community- anyone have any rough ideas as to how this forum compares to others in terms of how many active members there are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dan13166 said:

I'm new to the forum! Just wondered, what are the key new features that have been introduced, other than being able to tag one another? Also, this seems like a huge community- anyone have any rough ideas as to how this forum compares to others in terms of how many active members there are?

Hi Dan13166 and welcome to the forum!

Well there's lots! It's easier now to find threads in the forum. We've made attaching images easier and quicker too! In regards to other forums I have absolutely no idea because I don't visit any others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming back to the forum after a long absence, I must say this version is a vast improvement on what I left :good: A lot more user-friendly on mobile especially, which is what I now use most of the time for browsing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Efti said:

Coming back to the forum after a long absence, I must say this version is a vast improvement on what I left :good: A lot more user-friendly on mobile especially, which is what I now use most of the time for browsing.

Hello and welcome back @Efti! Happy to hear that! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Efti said:

Coming back to the forum after a long absence, I must say this version is a vast improvement on what I left :good: A lot more user-friendly on mobile especially, which is what I now use most of the time for browsing.

Hey, Hey! Welcome back. Yeah must admit the site is much more mobile friendly now. I had massive difficulties before as it would just keep scrolling to the top of the page preventing me using it. Now it is pretty much seamless! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now