Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mjw1993
    Newest Member
    Mjw1993

• No registered users viewing this page.

So You Love Eating Sushi...

Well...I don't!   :p

Many years ago, I was treated by a friend to try out some sushi dishes at a local Japanese restaurant. When the food came, I could sniff the sourish horse radish smell, and I was immediately turned off a little bit. I'm never into sourish dishes, not even mayonnaise! Anyway, a few dishes was served, reminding me of Dim Sum dishes, which I'm also not fond of, but I gave them a try anyway. Well...that was my first and my last sushi dish ever! These kind of food are not for my taste buds, hahaha.  :D

But...there are of course many sushi-lovers out there, so perhaps you are one of them too. That's not surprising at all.

Anyhow, reading the following article below and may just change your taste buds! Hahaha.  :lol:

Fresno doctor says of ‘giant’ parasite patient wrapped round toilet roll:

‘Apparently it was still wriggling when he put it in the bag’

A California man’s daily sushi habit ended in a trip to hospital with a stomach-churning item to show doctors: a 5ft tapeworm that “wiggled” out of his body. 

Fresno emergency department doctor Kenny Banh told the Guardian he was sceptical when the man walked into his hospital, asking for treatment for a worm. But when the patient opened a plastic bag, the “giant” parasite was inside, wrapped around a toilet roll.

“Apparently it was still wriggling when he put it in the bag but it had died in transit,” Banh said.

The patient, whose identity has not been revealed, told the doctor that during a bout of bloody diarrhoea he looked down and thought a piece of his intestine was hanging from his behind. When the man pulled on it and it kept coming out, he realized it was moving and must be a worm.

This was marginally better, Banh said, than “if you think you’re dying because your entrails are shooting out of your bottom”.

The incident happened last August but came to light this week because Banh spoke about it on a medical podcast called This Won’t Hurt a Bit.

He unravelled the worm, he said, and laid it on paper towel on the floor of the trauma room at the Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno. It was 5ft 6in long. The patient was given a deworming pill which, Banh explained, was no different from the kind generally given to pets.

“He said he’d felt like something was moving around in his guts and he thought it was just gas,” Banh said of the patient. “He’d been in discomfort for a few months.”

The man said he ate raw fish, especially salmon sashimi, almost every day.

Last January, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) put out a warning of an elevated risk of parasitic larvae that can grow into tapeworms being found in Pacific Ocean salmon, including Alaskan wild salmon that is popular in the US and elsewhere.

Cooking kills the tiny larvae; sushi is supposed to be flash-frozen to kill such parasites too. Larvae may survive in poorly prepared raw salmon, then take up residence in a human digestive tract.

Many human hosts experience no symptoms. Worms often die and are passed at the end of their lifecycle. They can also slip out alive, as in the case in Fresno.

Oooooh my gaaaawd...  :bad:

I used to hate Sushi - But now I love Sushi, can consume a 30 piece just like that - Like the salmon and prawn more.

Ooooh my god...better skip the raw salmon mate...the others are not too bad. Don't want another 'tape' incident, right? Hehehe.  :p

Count me in i dont like eating fish and specially sushi... no way Jose  :D traditional food is the best... you should try my "Sarma" hehe...  :D almost forgot "Tavce Gravce " yammyyy....

'Sarma'? Oh geees...maybe you can cook it for me and I'll fly down to Macedonia just to try it out! Now I thinking I'm superman or what? Hahaha.  :D

Sarma reminds me of that great Turkish dish...Shish Kebab (lamb)! My favourite fast food when on the go back in London, and never missing to have a bite of it whenever I go down to Piccadilly Circus. There was a small Turkish shop just nearby the Piccadilly roundabout - it was my favourite stop back then. Wonder if it's still there...or maybe its a restaurant now? Hehehe.  :D

I've never tried Sushi and I NEVER will! I'm not keen on fish anyway let alone raw fish.

I find it strange that a number of ladies don't like eating fish!  :huh: I love fish...cooked fish, not raw, yuck. My favourite dish is sweet and sour fish, cooked the Thai way...oooh boy...yummy! And I also love fish soup, beef soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup...and of course that car soup! Hahaha. :D