Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Tox1Koman
    Newest Member
    Tox1Koman

• No registered users viewing this page.

[Edited:] Betfair - Problem dated back to 2014 still not resolved

Hello to all UK and non-UK gamblers!

Dear listeners, I will tell you one interesting story. In 2013 I registered account at betfair. At the beginning everything was ok, and the bookmaker's verified my account and paid winnings to me. But in August 2014, I placed bet on Merbusch tennis Challenger, the match between Boy WesterHof and Antal Van Der Duim(the players are still playing now) I knew that Boy Westerhof was injured and all tennis Sport resources and socila Media knew that, all except betfair) Boy Westerhof has won the first set, was leading in second but has lost in 3 sets! After that, all this strange situation became. Betfair has suspended my account, and returned back main bet funds to my credit card!But they did not return my winning from this match! Yes, they have calculated this bet as the winning bet, but the sum nearly 9500 of dollars is still being freezed on the account. The Management said the investigation process had begun. And it's now more than 3 years and it's still ongoing. The account remains blocked so that I can't withdraw my winnings from that match. Now,I feel really angry and frustrating.

Please give me an advice what should I do?  Is this fantasy process will end sometime? Or do these 3 long years(since August 2014) mean it will be lasting for ages? Keeping in corespondence with betfair has led nothing!

P.S. DON'T PLAY with betfair!!! They will steal your money at the first chance they will have!

Hi fcmkh88 and welcome to the forum

Firstly, I'm not sure how sportsbetting works so it's a little difficult for me to understand exactly what's happened from your post. But 3 years is a pretty long time to keep this going,

Is it only Betfair that are dealing with this or is there a third party involved too?

Hello there and welcome to AskGamblers. 

Since you failed to provide more info and shed some light upon the fact whether this issue has already been dealt with the relevant regulatory body and/or ADR, I changed the topic title to make sure it corresponds to the discussion and details we know so far rather than throwing unjustified accusations. Hope you don't mind.