Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Denis1298
    Newest Member
    Denis1298

• No registered users viewing this page.

Action against Smart Live

DaveKumar

This has just popped into my inbox from Companies house. Looks like they are going into liquidation!!!
SMART TV BROADCASTING LIMITED
Notices published in the Gazette 17 Oct 2016

SMART TV BROADCASTING LIMITED (Company Number 05849825) Registered office: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN Principal trading address: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 1986,that a meeting of the creditors of the above named Company will be held at Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT on 21 October 2016 at 11.30 am for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act. The Resolutions to be taken at the meeting may include a Resolution specifying the terms on which the Joint Liquidators are to be remunerated. The meeting may also receive information about, or be called upon to approve, the costs of preparing the Statement of Affairs and convening the meeting. Simon Underwood and Mark Newton of Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT, are qualified to act as insolvency practitioners in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the Company’s affairs as is reasonably required. For further details contact: Mark Newton (IP No 9732), E-mail: [email protected], Tel: 020 7465 1956. Ibrahim Hlil Goncu, Director 12 October 2016 SPRINGING KIDS INTO LIFE (SKIL) CIC Trading Name: SKiL CIC (Company Number 08428772) Registered office: 176B High Street, Lewes, BN7 1YE Principal trading address: 176B High Street, Lewes, BN7 1YE Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 1986 ("THE ACT") a meeting of the creditors of the above-named Company will be held at Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, 2/3 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1EE on 14 November 2016 at 10.15 am. The purpose of the meeting, pursuant to Sections 99 to 101 of the Act is to consider the statement of affairs of the Company to be laid before the meeting, to appoint a liquidator and, if the creditors think fit, to appoint a liquidation committee. In order to be entitled to vote at the meeting, creditors must lodge their proxies, together with a statement of their claim at the offices of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, 2/3 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1EE, not later 12.00 noon on 13 November 2016. Please note that the joint liquidators and their staff will not accept receipt of completed proxy forms by email. Submission of proxy forms by email will lead to the proxy being held invalid and the vote not cast. A list of names and addresses of the above Company’s Creditors may be inspected free of charge at Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP at the above address between the hours of 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on the two business days preceding the date of the Meeting stated above. Any person who requires further information may contact the Marc Norman of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 01273 322960. J Gardiner, Director 10 October 2016

KINGCOL

Hi folks,

Many thanks KINGCOL for attaching that info. I received an interesting email from Companies House today with a response later today too. Did anybody else receive this? The directors want to know who I am! Interesting. Anyway see Companies House emails below:

Attached is a recent enquiry we have received via e-mail.

Please could you provide us with a suitable response that we can forward to the customer within 5 working days of the original enquiry. Please reply to the contact centre, ensuring that you include your full name, section and job title at the bottom of your response.

Dear Customer, please note, this e-mail has been forwarded to the relevant department for a reply to your enquiry. You have been copied in for information only and do not need to respond.

Yours faithfully,

Leah May
Companies House Contact Centre
[email protected]

Customer Survey

We would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete an electronic survey to help us measure the level of service we provide. We are interested in the most recent contact you had with us.

Please be assured that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will only be used to improve our services. The responses to this survey are completely anonymous.

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

This message and any attachments are intended for the persons named as addressees only and may contain confidential information. In addition they may be protected by copyright. If you receive it in error, notify us, delete it and do not make use of or copy it. You must not copy, disseminate or otherwise distribute or publish this message, except for the purposes for which this message is intended, without our consent. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and accept this lack of security when e-mailing us. For company information, guidance and how to file documents online, please visit our website www.companieshouse.gov.uk. This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl, a service from BlackSpider Technologies.

Sent: 18 October 2016 08:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Your Communication with Companies House, Ref: NUM7246X

Dear Mr Ogilvie

SMART TV UK LIMITED - 06092586

I refer to your objection to the dissolution of the above company.   I have received a request on behalf of the directors of the company asking who has made the objection to dissolution.
I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing, whether I might divulge your identity to the company.

Yours sincerely

Howard Butler
Case Officer
Dissolution Support

This message and any attachments are intended for the persons named as addressees only and may contain confidential information. In addition they may be protected by copyright. If you receive it in error, notify us, delete it and do not make use of or copy it. You must not copy, disseminate or otherwise distribute or publish this message, except for the purposes for which this message is intended, without our consent. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and accept this lack of security when e-mailing us. For company information, guidance and how to file documents online, please see our website www.companieshouse.gov.uk.

This has just popped into my inbox from Companies house. Looks like they are going into liquidation!!!

SMART TV BROADCASTING LIMITED
Notices published in the Gazette 17 Oct 2016

SMART TV BROADCASTING LIMITED (Company Number 05849825) Registered office: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN Principal trading address: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 1986,that a meeting of the creditors of the above named Company will be held at Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT on 21 October 2016 at 11.30 am for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act. The Resolutions to be taken at the meeting may include a Resolution specifying the terms on which the Joint Liquidators are to be remunerated. The meeting may also receive information about, or be called upon to approve, the costs of preparing the Statement of Affairs and convening the meeting. Simon Underwood and Mark Newton of Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT, are qualified to act as insolvency practitioners in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the Company’s affairs as is reasonably required. For further details contact: Mark Newton (IP No 9732), E-mail: [email protected], Tel: 020 7465 1956. Ibrahim Hlil Goncu, Director 12 October 2016 SPRINGING KIDS INTO LIFE (SKIL) CIC Trading Name: SKiL CIC (Company Number 08428772) Registered office: 176B High Street, Lewes, BN7 1YE Principal trading address: 176B High Street, Lewes, BN7 1YE Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 1986 ("THE ACT") a meeting of the creditors of the above-named Company will be held at Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, 2/3 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1EE on 14 November 2016 at 10.15 am. The purpose of the meeting, pursuant to Sections 99 to 101 of the Act is to consider the statement of affairs of the Company to be laid before the meeting, to appoint a liquidator and, if the creditors think fit, to appoint a liquidation committee. In order to be entitled to vote at the meeting, creditors must lodge their proxies, together with a statement of their claim at the offices of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, 2/3 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1EE, not later 12.00 noon on 13 November 2016. Please note that the joint liquidators and their staff will not accept receipt of completed proxy forms by email. Submission of proxy forms by email will lead to the proxy being held invalid and the vote not cast. A list of names and addresses of the above Company’s Creditors may be inspected free of charge at Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP at the above address between the hours of 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on the two business days preceding the date of the Meeting stated above. Any person who requires further information may contact the Marc Norman of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 01273 322960. J Gardiner, Director 10 October 2016

KINGCOL

And this ties in with all that I have been stressing and pointing out guys. Smart TV UK limited and Smart Gaming Limited were just subsidery companies and Smart TV Broadcasting Limited are where all our money is at. They never initially applied for dissolution but now they are Liquidating as I pressumed. This we really need to put a stop to but I'm at a loss as to how?

Sorry it's been a long time since my last contact. I have been frozen out from the forum for some reason till now. My workload is extremely heavy so lost alot of ground on this and I do apologise. Great work from all involved to get things to where they are now. Shame but I honestly think we have all been screwed on this one!

Hi Dogshead and others.

I read through the gazette which colwol quoted to see the below also:

SMART GAMING LIMITED (Company Number 06837449)

Registered office: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN Principal trading address: 233 High Holborn, 3rd Floor, London WC1V 7DN Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 OF THE INSOLVENCY ACT 1986,that a meeting of the creditors of the above named Company will be held at Menzies LLP, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT on 21 October 2016 at 12.30 pm for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act. The Resolutions to be taken at the meeting may include a Resolution specifying the terms on which the Joint Liquidators are to be remunerated. The meeting may also receive information about, and be called upon to approve, the costs of preparing the Statement of Affairs and convening the meeting. Simon Underwood and Mark Newton of Menzies LLP, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT, are qualified to act as insolvency practitioners in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the Company’s affairs as is reasonably required. For further details contact: Mark Newton (IP No 9732), E-mail: [email protected], Tel: 020 7465 1956. Ibrahim Hlil Goncu, Director 12 October 2016

Both companies going for insolvency.......same contact and date of meeting on both (see colwols post for Smart TV Broadcasting details).

Should one of us contact this Mark Newton for guidance?

Thanks

Greig

hi all lost for words with some of this now we have been let down with so many different organizations its untrue and to throw this last bit on us when it appears we cant do much about it just about sums things up for me, if anybody has any other suggestions or knows any other way of going forward please say because I feel really sorry for the next people to fall victims to all this sort of thing in the future and have the contempt we have had from all these people, anyway thanks for all everybodys help cheers phil.

There's a lot of info to take in here.

Are we saying now that allegedly;

1)Smartlivegaming had its funds siphoned off into its sister companies.

2)Smartlivegaming is going bankrupt.

3)Punters will receive nothing.

3)There is  no legal recourse to stop liquidation and receive gambling profits owed?

Cheers

There was a headline article in The Times today by Andrew Ellson. " Crackdown on rip-off gambling compannies" £3.5bn lost as bookmakers cancel winning bets

I thought that he just might be interested in our experiences with SLC and have sent him an email outlining the background to our problem to maybe he can give it some publicity. We dont seem to have had much luck so far.  Presumably we all must be creditors of the "failing" companies but doubtless they won't have any monies for any payout.

Seems that we may only hope to save others in the future.

Posted On behalf of Dave Kumar,

If anyone else has similar problems with posting, try Microsoft edge browser. seems to work fine.

Hey mate,

This thing still isn't letting me contribute to the group conversation for some stiupid reason. It signs me out whenever I visit the relevant page...

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know that I phoned the liquidator today and spoke to a lady called Caroline who is involved in the process. She said that they will investigate the practices of the company and that anyone with evidence should provide it to them. If they have committed fraud and this can be proven then they will be held responsible.

It may not get you your money, but perhaps if this Kasim bloke can be found guilty then it is still possible...

Can you post that for me please as it may encourage people to provide the information they have.

Thanks,

Dave

May be worth looking at the CMA ( Consumer Markets Authority) website who issued a press release yesterday. Extract below (my underlining)

The CMA has today announced it is investigating whether online gambling firms are treating their customers fairly. This follows concerns raised by the Gambling Commission about potential breaches of consumer law, including misleading promotions and unfair terms, being used by firms to block players’ payouts.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is today issuing Information Notices under consumer protection legislation requiring evidence from companies as a first step to establishing whether enforcement action is required. It is also asking people who use gambling sites and have experienced such issues to provide us with further material.

We would like to hear from you if you have experience of these issues. Please contact us at [email protected]

and state clearly in the subject line of your email whether the information relates to sign-up promotions, altered odds or cancelled bets, or terms that restrict the ability to claim.

All this may have come too late to help us.

l.

There was a headline article in The Times today by Andrew Ellson. " Crackdown on rip-off gambling compannies" £3.5bn lost as bookmakers cancel winning bets

I thought that he just might be interested in our experiences with SLC and have sent him an email outlining the background to our problem to maybe he can give it some publicity. We dont seem to have had much luck so far.  Presumably we all must be creditors of the "failing" companies but doubtless they won't have any monies for any payout.

Seems that we may only hope to save others in the future.

As Dogshead posted for me (thanks mate, the problem is solved now by using incognito on Chrome), I phoned the liquidators. You would all be unsecured creditors. You just have to phone them and ask for a form so you can make a claim.

If you have evidence which can help them pin these people with fraud then you might have a chance of getting your money still. They said they'd be looking into the company at depth and they are aware of concerns around cooking the books...

Unfortunately I guess this is the end of the road unless the Insolvency Agency act pretty quickly. I was promised a reply within 3 weeks and we are pretty much there and no word yet. They are about the only thing that can block the liquidation now. That said I called Menzies LLP this morning to make sure I was listed as a creditor and was advised to also send into them any evidence of fraudulent activity so at least the relevant parties could be punished, but she did mention there was no money.. 

Anyone with any energy left could try the BBC - Rogue Traders / Watchdog may well try and chase the CEO down and at least attempt a character assassination on TV, but doubt we'll see a penny now though.

Cheers

Ryan

Unfortunately I guess this is the end of the road unless the Insolvency Agency act pretty quickly. I was promised a reply within 3 weeks and we are pretty much there and no word yet. They are about the only thing that can block the liquidation now. That said I called Menzies LLP this morning to make sure I was listed as a creditor and was advised to also send into them any evidence of fraudulent activity so at least the relevant parties could be punished, but she did mention there was no money.. 

Anyone with any energy left could try the BBC - Rogue Traders / Watchdog may well try and chase the CEO down and at least attempt a character assassination on TV, but doubt we'll see a penny now though.

Cheers

Ryan

That is, unless they can be found to have committed fraud with their accounts. Kasim Garipoglu (through his sharholding company, Eagle Internet Investments Ltd) could then be held accountable and he has millions of pounds. Also, if Alex Leese has committed fraud then I imagine he could be held personally accountable too and would then have some money to pay off creditors (although I doubt he has enough to cover it all).

It's a real shame that these sort of people seem to prosper and the relevant bodies that should investigate them are reluctant to act unless the evidence of malpractice is handed to them on a plate.

The smartlivegaming website is still up for withdrawal requests and thus banking details are required.

If they have no funds and are going bankrupt perhaps it should be taken down.

The wheels of justice are slow to grinding to a halt

Looks like some sort of Karmic retribution is all we can hope for on these 'businessmen'.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else receive a phone call today regarding their objection?

A foreign gentleman called me asking for details regarding my objection who claimed he knew nothing of the businesses background but was passed my details from companies house, which I agreed to, but companies house said they wold only pass my details on to the directors?

Such a surreal phone call from an international number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

For those asking for updates - the liquidators sent out (to me anyway) a login and password which gives access to reports and documents generated by the liquidators for the meetings and findings with SLG. At the moment it doesn't look good as there are no assets or money in bank but I would advise asking to be put on the list to receive this documents (they are 30 odd pages each) and there are currently 2 documents available.

The investigation is still ongoing however and I would recommend contacting Caroline at Menzies LLP to make sure you are on the unsecured creditors lits and that way you will receive the relevant documentation to receive the report from the liquidators.

Hope this helps,

Greig

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

For those asking for updates - the liquidators sent out (to me anyway) a login and password which gives access to reports and documents generated by the liquidators for the meetings and findings with SLG. At the moment it doesn't look good as there are no assets or money in bank but I would advise asking to be put on the list to receive this documents (they are 30 odd pages each) and there are currently 2 documents available.

The investigation is still ongoing however and I would recommend contacting Caroline at Menzies LLP to make sure you are on the unsecured creditors lits and that way you will receive the relevant documentation to receive the report from the liquidators.

Hope this helps,

Greig

Thanks for the update Greig.

I've googled Menzies llp and they have a few offices scattered about.  Do you know in which office Caroline is based?

Thanks.

Personally i am owned +5k from those *****, tbh i am not expecting anything as 6 months after there is no sign that we at least get at least a partial back.

It seems we all have to be more careful these days, after Smartlive i had to faced another 3(!) issues with bookies went broke. Everygame, Intragame and Vikibet. Hopefully had withdrawn my balance from everygame and intragame before they had their licenses suspended (intragame is not paying atm). About Vikibet, they closed their operations but got paid every cent in few hours after my withdrawal request, unlike Smartlive jokers, they deserve my respect for this. 

• 1 month later...

How is everyone? Any updates?

I discovered that The CEO, Alex Leese, is now a director at William Hill online! Take a look, it says this on his LinkedIn profile. I really don't think a bloke who played such a big part in the fraud at Smart Live should be allowed to stay in the gambling industry. On LinkedIn he is lying about where he was working over the Smart Live period. He probably lied to William Hill too.

If we can't get our money back and the police won't do anything about his fraud, then at least we can do our best to ensure he does not get away without any consequences! He's getting paid a large salary, in a position of power where he can take advantage of people again. Meanwhile, all the players from back at Smart Live are out at pocket, some by £10,000s.  I sent William Hill an email through their online form just now to expose his history at Smart Live. I told them everything I know. Take some power back and do the same! If they get enough emails, they might just pay attention!  

hi dave thanks for your information just about sums things up disgraceful will contact William hill myself about this, the only update I have is a man on here has started legal proceedings against smart live a couple of months ago and said the gambling commission should have done something about it a long time ago before if got to this stage and should not have been left to him to do it never a true of a word spoken and I said if he needs any of our help here just ask because we are all sick to death about them I thanked him for doing it and he said he would keep us updated on here.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. It's been a while and the people behind this have been trying to wash their hands away.

Alex the "CEO" as you have all seen now works for William Hill indeed, disgusting really. 

Here are some more names to shame:

Kasia Swierzewska - she is the accountant who helped move customers deposits into accounts belonging to Proactive Technologies LTD a company registered in Bulgaria (and the CEO was also guess who Alex) and the location of their former Customer Support Office. She now works for Intrepid London Ltd as a Management Accountant again a 'trust' position. 

I hope she and all those involved walk around in shame for eternity. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kasia-swierzewska-47aa7b50/

Good luck to all if you can find some sort of legal channels or otherwise to pursue this. 

Staff in the end also didn't get a single penny from these crooks.