Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    First1klas
    Newest Member
    First1klas

• No registered users viewing this page.

What not to do if you win a jackpot!

cocopop3011

Money is just the tool that helps you build your empire, whatever that may be. If it's not power that motivates you, maybe it's *****, or family, fame, or helping people, or making a difference. I doubt it's just "money"

Nope your right! Even if I had no money, as long as I had my kids and my family I'd be just fine. But when money is there life flows more easily you can do more things and a lot of worries disappear when you have money. 

Whilst it's not the be all and end all I certainly think money has a massive influence in the world. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry for this late comment , was just reading this topic. Its not about gamblin and winning a jackpot, but in a way yes , at least almost :

I have a twinbrother, he is a bit handicapped and has no pc  so his banking matters were and are still handled by post.

He gets written overviews every 2 weeks. One evening he phoned me and was wondering about the balance on his account.

If I could come over and have a look at it.... There it was , more then 3 million in dutch guilders on his account !

Some pensionfund transfered this amount to his account by mistake. Holy s.it  .

We both could not sleep that night.  Next morning we went to an ATM , not completely without some naughty ideas.

Too bad lol.  That payment was done a few days before , they had discovered the mistake in the meantime and the money was reversed.

He still has a very nice copy of that bankaccount-overview hanging at the wall, he was a real millionaire for a few days without knowing it.

I think we have all dreamt about this at some point in time. I know it's pretty boring but for me the dream is just to be able to hand a big pile of cash to those who are most important to me, particularly my parents, my younger siblings, and my nieces and nephews. Just the thought of giving my mum enough money to pay off her mortgage and allow  her to retire early brings a tear to my eye, I would do anything to make that a reality.

Love the suggestions of what not to do cocopop :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think we have all dreamt about this at some point in time. I know it's pretty boring but for me the dream is just to be able to hand a big pile of cash to those who are most important to me, particularly my parents, my younger siblings, and my nieces and nephews. Just the thought of giving my mum enough money to pay off her mortgage and allow  her to retire early brings a tear to my eye, I would do anything to make that a reality.

Love the suggestions of what not to do cocopop  :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Awww that's sweet and I sincerely hope that comes true for you one day.

I had to re-read what I wrote, completely forgot about this topic!  :p

I just asked my missus what she would do and I kinda wish I hadn't bothered now, although her answer made it irresistible to share on here!

She said she'd hire a top law firm and accountant, book a big wedding and become Mrs CatapultAudio, buy a house for us to live in after we marry (Not sure what unreal figure she's fixated on for this but hey!)  and the piece de resistance.. 

dum dum duuuuum.... Have me sign a pre-nup!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Who says romance is dead eh? ..(To be fair though, I could probably let the pre-nup slide if the wedding was booked in Vegas)  ;)

I just asked my missus what she would do and I kinda wish I hadn't bothered now, although her answer made it irresistible to share on here!

She said she'd hire a top law firm and accountant, book a big wedding and become Mrs CatapultAudio, buy a house for us to live in after we marry (Not sure what unreal figure she's fixated on for this but hey!)  and the piece de resistance.. 

dum dum duuuuum.... Have me sign a pre-nup!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Who says romance is dead eh? ..(To be fair though, I could probably let the pre-nup slide if the wedding was booked in Vegas)  ;)

Hehe, who would think that our beloved @raverbabe /oh yes, that's the girlfriend Mr. CatapultAudio is talking about / is such a 'romantic' soul by nature! :D 

Not sure if she wasn't using the occasion as a convenient moment to tell you something else though...  :rolleyes:  ;)

Hehe, who would think that our beloved @raverbabe /oh yes, that's the girlfriend Mr. CatapultAudio is talking about / is such a 'romantic' soul by nature! :D

Not sure if she wasn't using the occasion as a convenient moment to tell you something else though...  :rolleyes:  ;)

:shok:  Huh???? How did I miss that one?

Hah! She wishes..!!

I've been patiently waiting to see if she'll bother to come on here and comment on this but it's not looking likely. To be fair though, a lot of the time we're online, we're together anyway, A pet hate of mine is couples who sit in the same room together but still have little mini-dramas on the same thread in forums, or Facebook. First-class ticket to Yawnsville, please ;) 

Hah! She wishes..!!

I've been patiently waiting to see if she'll bother to come on here and comment on this but it's not looking likely. To be fair though, a lot of the time we're online, we're together anyway, A pet hate of mine is couples who sit in the same room together but still have little mini-dramas on the same thread in forums, or Facebook. First-class ticket to Yawnsville, please ;)

How did Valdes know? Has it been on the forum and I missed it? My partner (valleys) briefly used to come here years ago but don't see him for dust now  :p

How did Valdes know? Has it been on the forum and I missed it? My partner (valleys) briefly used to come here years ago but don't see him for dust now  :p

I was actually pretty surprised that Valdes remembered who I was, but it has come up a couple of times now... once when Amy was asking me to write some code for a slots tournament idea she had (I must get around to finishing that at some point soon!) and a while before that when Amy first did a couple of reviews on here Valdes sent a message to the both of us asking us to confirm what the relationship between our accounts was - I guess we probably logged in from the same IP or computer or something like that.

I deliberately avoided writing on here for a while when Amy was spending all day on the site, it feels a bit weird having conversations with her on a forum! She's still having a break from slotting at the moment though and is putting all her energy into a new blog so I'm grabbing the chance to talk a little rubbish on here whilst I can :)

Hmmm...after having read all what have been said here...one most important thing has been left out...

What not to do if you win a jackpot...

is to fall over backwards in your chair in over-excitement, your legs knocking off your desktop/laptop/ipad/smartphone to the floor, and smashing it into pieces! Now that would be a real anti-climax...needing to spend a lot more money first before you can even claim the jackpot prize. :D

But...if we're talking about having the money already in the bank account...who cares about all those 'what to dos and what not to dos'! Grab some chunks of those beautiful notes, fill up your pockets, then go enjoy...in whatever way you want...shopping, eating, holidaying, charity-ing...once that's over, then you can sit down and work out what's best to do next, with the whole lot of remaining balance...hehehe.

Worrying to death about what and how to spend those million of dollars is just not real...not before enjoying it first that is! :lol: