Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hyjjjjjjjjjjj
    Newest Member
    hyjjjjjjjjjjj

• No registered users viewing this page.

Neteller Petrol pump payment issue

bigdk88

Hi this is just a heads up to everyone who uses the pay at pump system offered by many fuel providers in recent times.

Do not use your NET+ card at these pumps use another card or pay in the shop. The gas company take £100 in pending status instead of the amount in petrol you pay for. I only paid for £10 of petrol and Tesco have the amount on there end as £10 etc. I think this applies to all Fuel pay @ pump services though I'm sure not risking again!!

You'll get it back within 14 business days when they see how much you have paid for at the merchant, but it's a major inconvenience. This has happened to me at Tesco today, so I'm now potless until they reimburse me my £90! 

So please never use NET+ card at the gas pumps or Skrill card either! So annoyed right now! Had to let everyone know!

Thanks for the heads up mate. :good:

Luckily we don't have such pump systems offered by fuel providers here in Bulgaria or even if there are, they certainly accept cash only. ;)

Don't want the same thing happening to others. They are rife here in the UK pretty much all major garages have this service now.

WOW! Really? I can't believe that!

I always use Pay @ Pump its so convenient, luckily I only ever use me debit card. The max fuel you can put in is usually £99 I'm assuming that's why they take the £100 incase you put the max fuel in.

However I'm very surprised that the pump even accepted your Net+ Card because they don't usually accept Mastercards, obviously this must have changed when Tesco updated their systems. 

I also have a Halifax debit card which I don't use often but Tesco told me that some cards require more than £100 in the account which I didn't have and it wouldn't let me pay @ pump I had to pay in store. Now I'm glad I didn't have over £100 in there it may have taken it on that too!

Thanks for the heads up! Hope you get your money back soon.

WOW! Really? I can't believe that!

I always use Pay @ Pump its so convenient, luckily I only ever use me debit card. The max fuel you can put in is usually £99 I'm assuming that's why they take the £100 incase you put the max fuel in.

However I'm very surprised that the pump even accepted your Net+ Card because they don't usually accept Mastercards, obviously this must have changed when Tesco updated their systems. 

I also have a Halifax debit card which I don't use often but Tesco told me that some cards require more than £100 in the account which I didn't have and it wouldn't let me pay @ pump I had to pay in store. Now I'm glad I didn't have over £100 in there it may have taken it on that too!

Thanks for the heads up! Hope you get your money back soon.

I think it is only Neteller and possibly Skrill cards it does this with. I know people who use their regular cards on payatpump and never have this problem. No worries happy to help! 

you have the same thing at car rentals. when i used to rent a lot a few years ago, they at least blocked 2500 on one card. sometimes they needed two different cards (different banks) blocking 2500 at each.

after returning the car it took weeks till they cancelled their greedy blockings...

Hi this is just a heads up to everyone who uses the pay at pump system offered by many fuel providers in recent times.

Do not use your NET+ card at these pumps use another card or pay in the shop. The gas company take £100 in pending status instead of the amount in petrol you pay for. I only paid for £10 of petrol and Tesco have the amount on there end as £10 etc. I think this applies to all Fuel pay @ pump services though I'm sure not risking again!!

You'll get it back within 14 business days when they see how much you have paid for at the merchant, but it's a major inconvenience. This has happened to me at Tesco today, so I'm now potless until they reimburse me my £90! 

So please never use NET+ card at the gas pumps or Skrill card either! So annoyed right now! Had to let everyone know!

Oh mate, sorry for that. However, I already made a payment this morning at some pump here in my country with my Net+ card and nothing rare happened, maybe it is a good idea to contact Neteller chat to ask for some information about on what countries this rule applies.

Oh mate, sorry for that. However, I already made a payment this morning at some pump here in my country with my Net+ card and nothing rare happened, maybe it is a good idea to contact Neteller chat to ask for some information about on what countries this rule applies.

Maybe a UK thing! Thankfully I'm very lucky and the £90 that was wrongly taken from me is back in my account!! Just glad it wasn't a two week wait which is what live chat informed me it could be!!