Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hdjisbd
    Newest Member
    Hdjisbd

• No registered users viewing this page.

Dragon's Tale, an Introduction

I'm Andrew Tepper ("Teppy"), and I've spent the last 3 years developing a new kind of real-money gambling game. Dragon's Tale is a 3D virtual world ("MMORPG"), where every physical object is a unique gambling game, about 60 different types so far. I've intentionally avoided traditional gambling games like slot machines, blackjack, roulette, etc. - instead you'll find things like Cow Tipping, Fishing and Monkey Mazes.

Because it's based on massively multiplayer technology, Dragon's Tale is an intensely social game. When you have a big jackpot, you're honored with a fireworks display in town - players often celebrate with a round of drinks or a cigar. Drinks are gambling games too - bartenders will often sneak a handful of chips into the bottom of a glass. And friends will appreciate it when you smoke, because they can get small jackpots from the secondhand smoke. About half the games are luck-based and half are skill-based. (On several games, the luck/skill status is a matter of debate.)

There's far more to Dragon's Tale than I can explain in a single post. We have a level system based on completing gambling quests; a Tournament system which can essentially turn luck games into skill games; a player-run system of governance; a student/mentor system that rewards those that teach newcomers how to play.

We're about to go to Beta, and I'd love to show everyone around. I play the character "Di" in-game - message me if you're online ("/message Di Hello!") and I'll give you a tour or introduce you to a mentor.

I'm not sure what the policy is on including links, but if you google "Dragon's Tale" you should be able to find it. 

Glad to answer any questions here.

I'm not sure whether your allowed to post that in here or whether I'm allowed to reply or not but I've just googled it and it is a real game so that's something at least. Your description sounded good but looking at the screenshots it doesn't look like my kind of game sorry. Well done if u did make the game though and hope lots of people come and play it for u

The press release for Beta went out today - coverage so far:

The Guardian

Joystiq

Gamasutra

Gamer's *****

Zam

News10

I'm planning some freerolls for the weekend. (In Dragon's Tale a freeroll is a tournament with no entry cost, and with stakes limited to low enough that the free chips that you get are enough to play competitively, and with a meaningful amount of prizes, typically $75 or so total.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...