Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    KarinaP
    Newest Member
    KarinaP

• No registered users viewing this page.

I'm currently listening to...

As I wrote above everything started back in 1996. A friend of mine recommended “Underground” a film directed by Emir Kusturica and with the music by Goran Bregovic. We liked the style and the rhythm of this Balkan – Gipsy mix from the very first day so we started to search for more samples. That’s how we found “Bijelo Dugme”, a rock band from Sarajevo where Goran was a guitarist. Lots of people had to share our fascination since he got a status of a superstar in Poland shortly. The result was the first CD recorded together with Kayah, one of the most popular artist ever to exist in Poland. 

Have you heard about Yugoton btw.?

Hey Marcin!:)

Yugoton was the post communist sound company of Yugoslavia once AFAIK. Same as Balkanton, which was the company dealing with music in my country, Bulgaria so long ago.

This is my absolute hit for the start of 2013! :) Just heard this amazing song on the New Year's night (it's not a new hit at all) and simply couldn't get it out of my head from then! ;)

As I wrote above everything started back in 1996. A friend of mine recommended “Underground” a film directed by Emir Kusturica and with the music by Goran Bregovic. We liked the style and the rhythm of this Balkan – Gipsy mix from the very first day so we started to search for more samples. That’s how we found “Bijelo Dugme”

I looooooove Bijelo Dugme, they are legends (translation - White Button :) ), the best EX-Yu group ever!! And Bregovic is a genius! But one of their 3 singers, Alen, is my childhood love :D What a handsome dude he was  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Marcin! :good: Guano Apes were one of my favorite bands once and now you made me turn back in times, when everything was so simple and clear! :( I missed so much the 90s! ;)

Btw, I even didn't know the Apes are together again, thought they are separated from long time ago?! But who cares, I'm surprised and delighted to see this great band again!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a looong and hard day for me guys, but at the end of it I always refer to my oldest friend, who has never ever disappointed me so far - the Music! :good:

And is there a better way for an old rock fan like me to take a break than to call his old pal Ian! :D