Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dylsmoma
    Newest Member
    Dylsmoma

• No registered users viewing this page.

Reliving The Great Blue Game

Back in the early years of 2000s, Playtech released a game entitled ‘Great Blue’, a 25 lines game with a minimum starting bet of $0.25 per spin. Most other Playtech games would start with a $0.15 minimum bet per spin, so Great Blue was not a commoner, so to speak, hehehe.

Getting 3 Scatter symbols would award a free spins feature game...pick 2 of the 5 Shells to determine the number of free spins and multiplier...from 8 free spins with a 15x multiplier, up to 33 free spins with a 2x multiplier. This game became a hot favourite with players very quickly indeed...myself included!

There was a time when one local player got all 5 reels of full Wilds, won the maximum win limit of RM250,000, got paid in stages, but then Playtech later locked the game for many months thereafter! When the game finally came back, it never played, nor paid, as good as the original version, so that was very disappointing indeed!

I have played Great Blue since its launch, but didn’t play it as regularly as my other few games though, simply because the game could eat and eat for ages! Hahaha. Not only that, even getting 3 reels of full Wilds have now become a real rarity. Yet one more very disappointing aspect of the 'upgraded' game!

Nonetheless, I’ve started playing Great Blue once again, after many years of abstinence. Why? Because my number 6th Magnificent game, Dolphin Reef, has been performing quite poorly for the past many months, but Great Blue on the other hand has been giving a slightly better performance, so I’m reliving my interest in the game. Maybe it’ll soon join my Magnificent Six team, replacing and retiring Dolphin Reef.

many years ago I played Great Blue on 0.75e, 1.25e, 2e, 2.50e, 5e, 10e,12.50e.

Had features on 0.75 (few times), 2.50e (a few times), 5e (once) and 12.50e (once).

Best xBet was on 2.50e.. (131.4x)

took a long break from it then played on 1.25e but no features, then another break

and tried out Great Blue Jackpot version on min bet and got a quick feature 44.52x

then another long break and not played any Great Blue for almost a year

read about how one player got a feature on Great Blue on 10e stake and he got about1000x so when I finally had a 12.50e stake feature then I get given what?

a lousy 52.04x.

here's the screenshots of the 5e stake (68x)and 12.50e (52.04x) stake features.

lowest feature ever was 30.2x on 2.50e stake.

5estakegreatblue.png.af2b436997ee97a41820b68d23707e0f.png

12.50estakegreatblue.png.863ac5c3ffd98b60814132d9ae117ca2.png

Yep I too used to absolutely love this game, don't have any of my screenshots saved but I'm sure they're here somewhere. I also remember this game just completely changing the way it played which for me was after the new UKGC licenses, after that this game never really appealed to me anymore.

11 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

Oh man, through all the years that I have played this game, I have never played with bigger bets than RM2.50! :D

I think the most I have ever played is £1.25 a spin but I must have had a considerable balance at the time.