Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    elekbarni
    Newest Member
    elekbarni

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Good Old Wild And Scatter Symbols

I'm still walking down memory lanes, reminiscing the good old days of how wonderful and entertaining some slot games could be. Back then, a WILD and a SCATTER symbol would almost always be the top 2 paying symbols in any game, with the other regular symbols following behind. Getting 5 WILD symbols on a winning line would pay a very nice 250x - 500x win. Getting 5 SCATTER symbols would pay a 200x - 600x win, depending on the game. These were the two most sought after winning symbols, especially if won during a free spins feature game, whereby the win would be boosted up further by 2x, 3x, 5x or even 6x!

Looking at the paytables of newer games, the WILD symbol now merely acts as a SUBSTITUTE for other symbols, to create wins...getting those WILD symbols would actually pay nothing! It has totally lost its golden value...however, at best, some games still do pay a marginal win of about 5x -20x, but that's a damn far cry from the good old days! Unfortunately, SCATTER symbols are also being treated in the same horrible way, thrashing out any win values that SCATTER symbols used to have...such a sorry and pitiful happening! Every time I look at a new game's paytable, I would see WILD and SCATTER symbols as non-paying...and find myself saying "WTF!!!"

The younger generation of players simply do not know the value of those 2 precious symbols. What they see nowadays is the MULTIPLIER number instead...how big can it go...how easily can it be gotten...and that's all that matters to them. They don't care if the WILD and SCATTER symbols don't pay, as long as the MULTIPLIERS can generate huge but ELUSIVE wins of 10,000x and more. These players do not realise that they are being 'BLINDED BY THE BIG NUMBERS', so they go chasing after them day in and day out. Only when they have been bitten way too many times would they then realised the stupidity and foolishness of their chases!

Nope, I will NEVER be one of them, hahaha.

15 minutes ago, Afi4wins said:

I'm still walking down memory lanes, reminiscing the good old days of how wonderful and entertaining some Slot Games could be. Back then, a WILD and a SCATTER symbol would almost always be the top 2 paying symbols in any game, with the other regular symbols following behind. Getting 5 WILD symbols on a winning line would pay a very nice 250x - 500x win. Getting 5 SCATTER symbols would pay a 200x - 600x win, depending on the game. These were the two most sought after winning symbols, especially if won during a free spins feature game, whereby the win would be boosted up further by 2x, 3x, 5x or even 6x!

Looking at the paytables of newer games, the WILD symbol now merely acts as a SUBSTITUTE for other symbols, to create wins...getting those WILD symbols would actually pay nothing! It has totally Lost its golden value...however, at best, some games still do pay a marginal win of about 5x -20x, but that's a damn far cry from the good old days! Unfortunately, SCATTER symbols are also being treated in the same horrible way, thrashing out any win values that SCATTER symbols used to have...such a sorry and pitiful happening! Every time I look at a new game's paytable, I would see WILD and SCATTER symbols as non-paying...and find myself saying "WTF!!!"

The younger generation of players simply do not know the value of those 2 precious symbols. What they see nowadays is the MULTIPLIER number instead...how big can it go...how easily can it be gotten...and that's all that matters to them. They don't care if the WILD and SCATTER symbols don't pay, as long as the MULTIPLIERS can generate huge but ELUSIVE wins of 10,000x and more. These players do not realise that they are being 'BLINDED BY THE BIG NUMBERS', so they go chasing after them day in and day out. Only when they have been Bitten way too many times would they then realised the stupidity and foolishness of their chases!

Nope, I will NEVER be one of them, hahaha.

Yeah I remember the old school Wild Symbol, Especially Nextgen had popular ones with 5000x your pay line or 6000x.

Those were the days you had the old school free spins feature - 10/15 spins with multipliers, not all these fancy additional features.

Just shows how innovative slots are these days, 90% of them are - All Pay ways with low pay tables, but if I can win up to 1 000 000 ways, then why not.

3 hours ago, Fiekie247 said:

Yeah I remember the old school Wild Symbol, Especially Nextgen had popular ones with 5000x your pay line or 6000x.

Those were the days you had the old school free spins feature - 10/15 spins with multipliers, not all these fancy additional features.

Just shows how innovative slots are these days, 90% of them are - All Pay ways with low pay tables, but if I can win up to 1 000 000 ways, then why not.

I don't believe in any of those 117,649 ways or more  ways to win...they are all 99,99% HYPE! Only 1 player in a million or more can ever get a win on those full lines....and most probably a streamer would get it, not real cash players.

Hence I'm never interested in megaways games