Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    REDBULL1990
    Newest Member
    REDBULL1990

• No registered users viewing this page.

Play for fun!

sorenjo

Hi

I began this month with great success and big wins but I ended up wasting most of it away again. So I came out about even. I have enjoyed these gambling free days but I miss it as well. I have reached my deposit limits for this month. Then I thought about preparing for next month. When I try out new routines, I usually do it with my winnings, and when I win I get greedy. which is a terrible way to lose money.

So in preparation for next month I have decided to play for fun and to log my sessions in a data-sheet. I know that all sessions are random and that there is no strategic way to beat the slot machines, but maybe I can see a pattern to hopefully win most of the time, I know I can't win every time.

What do you think about this idea, and has anybody tried something similar? :)

Hi

I began this month with great success and big wins but I ended up wasting most of it away again. So I came out about even. I have enjoyed these gambling free days but I miss it as well. I have reached my deposit limits for this month. Then I thought about preparing for next month. When I try out new routines, I usually do it with my winnings, and when I win I get greedy. which is a terrible way to lose money.

So in preparation for next month I have decided to play for fun and to log my sessions in a data-sheet. I know that all sessions are random and that there is no strategic way to beat the slot machines, but maybe I can see a pattern to hopefully win most of the time, I know I can't win every time.

Well, Sorenjo mate, you are not alone. Even I myself have been like that numerous of times before this...losing big money with my big wins, and coming back to square one in the end.  :p

Back in my early years...way before my 'Playtech Master' time...hahaha...I had spent my first 3 years playing in the fun mode and putting it into practice in the real mode, on and off, on and off, keeping track of the differences between the two modes. They don't play the same, but I've said this a thousand times before, right?!  :D But after numerous trials and errors, you do get a very good knowledge of the game, and what sort of 'differences' to expect when playing in the real mode. I practised on only one game at a time...and that was on Dolphin Reef!

Then I went on doing the same thing on other games, like Safari Heat, Panther Moon, and even on Mr Cashback. I spent more than 10 years doing this on a regular basis...so you can imagine the amount of time I had spent on each game, and the amount of 'data' stored in my brain! Hahaha.

Nowadays, I play in the fun mode to get to know the game's traits, that's all. How it plays and pays. The games have become so sophisticated nowadays that I don't think it would be possible to achieve what I had achieved with those old Playtech games. Even those games too have now been updated and they are playing differently than before!

I have also done something similar on Dead Or Alive, but all that 'old data' in my brain doesn't compute now, because Dead Or Alive has changed too!

In summary, there's nothing we can do much in trying to 'compute' the traits of any modern game. Game Providers have come a long way since those early years...and they know what need to done when the time comes. If and when we do get ahead with any game, they'll know about it sooner or later, they'll make some amendments to the game...and you'll be back to square one once again!  :D

But, it's good if you can do what you plan to do, Sorenjo mate. You may not make any new wins with all those collected data, but you'll gain a lot of practical experience on the game, and know it well too. Winning on it is a totally different matter altogether!  :p

I'll third that! I take no notice whatsoever as to how much I win when I try a game in free play. I use free play for new games when I can purely to see how the game works. Get to know the bonus rounds/free spins etc etc. 

But actually its one of my biggest flaws! I don't do this often enough I will jump straight in on a new game in real money and lose and I just never learn by my mistakes.

What you've suggested isn't something I would personally ever do, however if this is what you're going to I'd love to read your findings at the end of it.

Of course it is a great idea, in fact, I wouldn't play a slot I had not played on demo before, and as for table games, it is always convenient to keep statistical records too in order to understand better some specific game.

Maybe this is not precisely one of those cases where practice makes perfect, but in any case, I think you will improve your playing by training with some discipline.  :ph34r:

Hi guys

Thanks for your answers :) I have really enjoyed playing for fun, because when I win big I get all these crazy ideas about how to win even bigger, and it almost ends being a bad idea xD  This way I can play out all my crazy ideas without losing money and maybe even get some knowledge.

I also remembered why these sessions are not so much worth to me. The "fake" balance resets after some time, so it's not really possible to simulate a real session, at least the sessions I play, that's why I have been practicing with real money. Maybe I should just do this with smaller amounts. 

But I will definitly use it to learn how new slots behave :)

Hi guys

Thanks for your answers :) I have really enjoyed playing for fun, because when I win big I get all these crazy ideas about how to win even bigger, and it almost ends being a bad idea xD  This way I can play out all my crazy ideas without losing money and maybe even get some knowledge.

I also remembered why these sessions are not so much worth to me. The "fake" balance resets after some time, so it's not really possible to simulate a real session, at least the sessions I play, that's why I have been practicing with real money. Maybe I should just do this with smaller amounts. 

But I will definitly use it to learn how new slots behave :)

Yeah, the so called 'practicing' with smaller than your usual gambling budget is perhaps the best working solution when it comes to 'testing' new ideas how to become a successful online gambler. :D 

Whatever you choose to do though, wish you luck and hope to see you posting on a regular basis at the mega wins forum topic. :good: