Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gregor1989
    Newest Member
    Gregor1989

• No registered users viewing this page.

Video Slot Pages - Jackpots

I've been writing a few slot reviews for the first time in a while this month and one of the things I always like to know about a slot is the maximum payout, preferably in terms of multiple of stake.

At present the video slot reviews show each games "jackpot" as the maximum paytable combination which doesn't take into account winning on multiple lines simultaneously or multipliers in the free spins etc.

I realize it might be time consuming to calculate this figure for some games but at the very least most games do show their jackpot as a number of coins either in the paytable or somewhere in the main game perhaps in a scroll-text (as in NetEnt slots), and this figure would be a much more accurate "jackpot" than the one currently displayed.

This would be a nice improvement for the future I think? :)

I've been writing a few slot reviews for the first time in a while this month and one of the things I always like to know about a slot is the maximum payout, preferably in terms of multiple of stake.

At present the video slot reviews show each games "jackpot" as the maximum paytable combination which doesn't take into account winning on multiple lines simultaneously or multipliers in the free spins etc.

I realize it might be time consuming to calculate this figure for some games but at the very least most games do show their jackpot as a number of coins either in the paytable or somewhere in the main game perhaps in a scroll-text (as in NetEnt slots), and this figure would be a much more accurate "jackpot" than the one currently displayed.

Thanks for your feedback raver, I always love to hear from you! I can certainly pass on your feedback.

I personally hardly ever look at such information mainly because I doubt there'll ever come a day where I will be betting maximum stakes unfortunately.  ;)

Personally, every time I look at the maximum number of coins or dollars that can be won in Microgaming games, I would go "yeah, right!"  <_<

'Maximum win of 800,000 coins', 'maximum win of 7,500,000 coins'... that's SEVEN and a HALF MILLION coins!  :shok:

Whose legs are Microgaming trying to pull now? Not my legs, no way, never!  <_<

To me, all those maximum win in coins or dollars are nothing more than a hyped up marketing ploy, purely to attract players to play the game, or at least try them out. Moronic millionaires may try going for those maximum wins, playing at maximum bets of hundreds of dollars per spin, and losing everything they've got in the end. Ignorant or inexperienced new players may delight at the amount of coins that can be won, not even knowing what needs to be done to get them!

All these nonsense maximum wins, in my honest and personal opinion, is just a blardy ploy totally uncalled for, which serves only to trap new and stupid players into aiming for the sky! All that players need to see and know, is how much they can win on the game, in direct relation to their bet amount, like 1000x the total bet for example. Then players can easily relate back that possible win amount with their bet amount. Small bet, small maximum win. Big bet, big maximum win. Simple as that. No bulling around with million of dollars or coins.

In some of my reviews, I do state the maximum win possible from a game, such as 750x the total bet amount in a single spin, calculated based on the paytable indicated. However, the total win possible from one Free Spins game, for example, may be higher, due to accumulation of other smaller wins from the other remaining free spins. Usually enough, this may reach the 1000x total bet amount.

The most important thing to realise is to know the difference between a maximum possible win in a single spin from a maximum possible win from a Free Spins game or a Bonus Game. The final total payout, hence the final maximum possible win, are never the same between the two!

Good points both of you, and it is true that in order to have a chance at the maximum possible win you have to be betting the maximum possible number of coins which is why I prefer to see it expressed as a multiple of stake - that way it doesn't matter if I'm betting 0.30 or 15.00 per spin, I know I can win 8100x my stake for example, and that gives me a reference point so I know just how lucky I have been if I hit 1000x :)

Good points both of you, and it is true that in order to have a chance at the maximum possible win you have to be betting the maximum possible number of coins which is why I prefer to see it expressed as a multiple of stake - that way it doesn't matter if I'm betting 0.30 or 15.00 per spin, I know I can win 8100x my stake for example, and that gives me a reference point so I know just how lucky I have been if I hit 1000x :)

Actually you've raised an awesome point there! I too would like to see more of this! Although when it comes to jackpots and how much I could win again I very rarely digest this information anyway. And as Afi already knows I'm not a player that takes much notice of the paytable anyway, I spin and hope for the best  ;)

I do like to just spin the reels to begin with when I try a new game, it's nice to be surprised to begin with but once I've got familiar with a game I'll often consult the paytable to help decide if I want to carry on playing past those first couple of hundred spins. If I haven't seen the feature yet for example I'll be looking too see if I feel it's worth keeping on spinning or if I just want to walk away and try a different game instead.

I don't bother with instruction manuals for pretty much anything else in the world though, unless I absolutely have to!

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, adding such detail to all our game reviews would be quite helpful for players and I can assure you our team have already discussed similar ideas before. However I'm afraid that's not an easy task at all, actually it's rather complicated and time consuming job to say the least, and that's the main reason why it has never been implemented... 

Still curious to hear your opinions how you guys imagine such detail? 

- what would be the base for calculations - the main game, the bonus feature or the free spins feature /if any of course/? 

- if a feature has been chosen then what would be the base in terms of spins - a single one or all feature spins/rounds combined? 

- what if the relevant gaming software provider does not advertise the potential biggest winning combination/feature/combination? 

etc etc...

Base for calculations - Most games this would be the bonus/free spins round, unless the game doesn't have one. The simple answer is "whichever mode offers the largest possible win".

One Spin/Combined Total - It would have to be the biggest possible win from a single spin, so 2500x stake for example in Dead or Alive. As great as it would be to include the possibility of things like a wildline it's simply WAY too big a can of worms to open ... and the final numbers would be stupidly unrealistic in some games too, such as a full screen of wilds on every spin in "Great Blue" .. theoretically possible yes, but nobody will ever witness such an event even if they, their children and grandchildren all played the game from birth til death!

If biggest win is not advertised - Such games could be left out to simplify the procedure, or perhaps an estimate could be given from the information given in the paytable with a * to indicate it as an estimate.

Almost every Microgaming and NetEnt slot displays the maximum possible win in coins or currency, and this can be divided by the max bet in order to give a value in terms of multiple of stake.

For example,

Starburst, 50,000 coins, 1000 coins max bet = 500x stake

Secret of the Stones, 350,000 coins, 250 coins max bet = 1400x stake

Immortal Romance 3,645,000 coins, 300 coins max bet = 12,150x stake

Thunderstruck, 300,000 coins, 90 coins max bet = 3,333x stake

I guess you could argue that this information is relatively simple to calculate but the data could be useful in other ways too - for example allowing you to sort games in order of maximum win or providing a metric to allow dividing the slots into low, medium and high variance.

It would definitely make it easier for me to find new games I think I will enjoy but maybe it's just me - let's see what other members think?

I second the motion! You're right this is because some of the new players underestimate the power of calculating the winnings from the paytable of specific games. So the result they just leave and ignore the game not seeing the big frame of the picture.