Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PblcNmy
    Newest Member
    PblcNmy

• No registered users viewing this page.

Hi guys, hope you're all enjoying your Sunday

I just wondered if anyone else has received an email from Skrill about their new Contactless MasterCard? I'm not using Skrill much these days but I'll happily take the new card. I already have one of these from somewhere else and it's so much easier to use.

I haven't read the terms and conditions yet of this new card so it's something I need to look into more.

Maybe some of you have already got this card?

• 4 weeks later...

Same here... Got an official email from Skrill that my current card will be replaced with a new one, contactless MasterCard, in the the next 2 months. No word about any fees though and I hope the new card will not cost another service fee...

Same here... Got an official email from Skrill that my current card will be replaced with a new one, contactless MasterCard, in the the next 2 months. No word about any fees though and I hope the new card will not cost another service fee...

I didn't even think of that! I hope it doesn't too. I didn't notice what the maximum amount was either per transaction. Usually its £30 here in the UK.

I received the email as well, but because I don't use the Skrill I am really not so interested for this new card  :rolleyes: 

I assume that they will charge additional €/£ 10 for it. 

:o An additional £10!! I hope not since we haven't asked for the new card it should come complimentary IMO

I assume that they will charge additional €/£ 10 for it. 

i don't think they will charge additional 10€ for it, because we didn't ask them for this new contactless card... i think the fee will be the same as always 10€ per year :rolleyes:

i don't think they will charge additional 10€ for it, because we didn't ask them for this new contactless card... i think the fee will be the same as always 10€ per year :rolleyes:

There was nothing about new fees in the email so fingers crossed  ;)

• 5 weeks later...

I've had the e-mail but no sign of the new card as yet. I'm a little weary about contactless cards as I saw a video from the blackhat conference in America where somebody used a wireless transceiver and a laptop to catch the details of every card walking by them in a shopping centre. I can imagine magnetically shielded purses becoming a thing pretty soon because of these cards!

Ever since some hacker stole thousands of dollars from my Neteller Credit Card, which Neteller got every dollar back into my account after several months, I have stopped using any Credit Card from thereon, except for my bank's Debit Card.

No online transaction can be 100% safe, so I'm making 100% sure than the same incident won't happen to me again. Using Neteller's virtual account is more than good enough for me.  ^_^

Neteller have a credit card? Any fraud on a credit card is supposed to be completely protected against so that's terrible if it took you months to get it straightened out. I guess at least it wasn't your own money you were missing but the worry must have been enormous.

Any idea how you were hacked? One of these data leaks perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...