Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jone52opdahl
    Newest Member
    Jone52opdahl

• No registered users viewing this page.

Are you interested in Skill-Based Slots? - Blog

Our latest blog entry talks about the interesting subject of Skill-based slot machines. Do the new generation of slot lovers want to play these skill-based games? Or indeed do all of us old-timers want to see more of these slots come out?

Take a read of our latest entry: Are skill-based slot games the future of gaming? and leave your comments below.

Do you think these games will be hit?

Yes, I think skill-based games will be a big hit! I think a lot of people are drawn to games that have a luck-skill element. It is human nature to want to think that we have a hand in determining our fate. We want to attribute our success to our skill and hard work and blame losing on bad luck. The skill element is why poker is so wildly popular. It's not just the luck of the cards but how you play your hand. Furthermore, lots of people are familiar with games like tetris, candycrush, etc. If we could incorporate the familiarity of these games we are good at with the excitement of gambling, it would be wildly successful. 

Are skill-based slot games the future of gaming? 

Depends whether we talk about near /next 3 to 5 years/ future or not... If Yes, then my humble opinion is that there is absolutely no chance for the skill based slots to become a significant part of the gambling market. There are too many legal obstacles ahead, not to mention the key moment with the proven fact how conservative most regular online gamblers are in fact. 

For the not so near future... I don't know, maybe adding VR /virtual reality/ technologies will change the online gambling completely and there will be no real difference between classic, skill-based or any other type of slots we know now. Who knows... :)

Edited by ValDes
typo

Depends whether we talk about near /next 3 to 5 years/ future or not... If Yes, then my humble opinion is that there is absolutely no chance for the skill based slots to become a significant part of the gambling market. There are two many legal obstacles ahead, not to mention the key moment with the proven fact how conservative most regular online gamblers are in fact. 

For the not so near future... I don't know, maybe adding VR /virtual reality/ technologies will change the online gambling completely and there will be no real difference between classic, skill-based or any other type of slots we know now. Who knows... :)

I guess we just have to be patient and see what the future holds  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be a hit, yes, but not for me. 

I like that it is all up to luck. and I can't blame myself for losing.

If I wanted to play something skillbased to win money, I would play poker :)

So if Skill based slots are the future of gaming would you still play?