Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Budowa
    Newest Member
    Budowa

• No registered users viewing this page.

Does anyone use Microsoft Office / Word?

Hi friends

This isn't a gambling related question, as you've probably guessed from the title but I wondered here who uses Microsoft Office / Word?

I've had a year free with the new laptop I bought but my subscription has been up for the last 2 days. It's asking me to renew, which I don't mind paying for at just £5.99 a month but at the moment I'm still able to use Microsoft Word so I'm wondering whether or not I need to pay for the subscription of I can still use the services.

Anyone know the answer for me?

Hi friends

This isn't a gambling related question, as you've probably guessed from the title but I wondered here who uses Microsoft Office / Word?

I've had a year free with the new laptop I bought but my subscription has been up for the last 2 days. It's asking me to renew, which I don't mind paying for at just £5.99 a month but at the moment I'm still able to use Microsoft Word so I'm wondering whether or not I need to pay for the subscription of I can still use the services.

I'm from Macedonia we only use pirated edition here :D

Ahaha! I think so!!

Actually I always thought it was free, never heard anyone (apart from organizations) pay for it!  :D

For Windows 10, Microsoft Office program is no longer included in the package.

Users need to subscribe for it and pay either monthly or yearly fees.

For users like me, including most of you, we'll just have to settle for the version that's FREE! :D

For users like me, including most of you, we'll just have to settle for the version that's FREE! :D

Actually, I use windows 10 and don't remember installing office on its own, so I believe it came with the "package" and hoping that it won't expire :D

Hi friends

you will be just getting reminders and pop-up windows everytime you start it, but it will work just fine! 

I still haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet! I haven't paid for the subscription yet because it's still letting me use the program for free. It tells me I need to renew my package but I can click out of that box and use it as normal so I'll keep doing this until I cant use it and then I guess I'll subscribe.

I still haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet! I haven't paid for the subscription yet because it's still letting me use the program for free. It tells me I need to renew my package but I can click out of that box and use it as normal so I'll keep doing this until I cant use it and then I guess I'll subscribe.

Not using Windows 10 and yet they are asking you to subscribe? Maybe you are still using Windows XP or Windows 7...Microsoft has already stopped support for these 2 versions, so maybe that's why you're getting those pop-ups.

Sharon darling...if I were you, I wouldn't pay for that ridiculous subscription! If your current version suddenly stopped working, you can always download a freeware program that works similarly to Microsoft Office. I can't remember its name, but you can search for it at Major Geeks, a reliable independent website for thousands of freeware!  ^_^ 

Sounds wise Coco dear  :good: . A friendly word of advise, if you ever think about using pirateversions, especially the ones Microsoft originally developed, be sure to know what you are doing. Pirate-editions can ruin your operating system, and/or contain virusses. Take it from an expert  :blush:

There are a few FREE software similar to Microsoft office:

LibreOffice Windows

Apache Open Office

Kingston Office Suite Free 2012

I have not used them but these are package software that can replace all of the Windows Office programs.

Thanks so much Lilian I'll definitely take a look at these!

Hi friends

You can keep using your MS Office, but with limited options available as soon as the subscription is no longer active. For a non-professional usage which does not require some or most of the built-in sophisticated Word tools but the common formatting tools only you will not have any problems...

However, I strongly encourage you to switch to Google Docs instead. There are so many advantages and it's totally free. ;)  

You can keep using your MS Office, but with limited options available as soon as the subscription is no longer active. For a non-professional usage which does not require some or most of the built-in sophisticated Word tools but the common formatting tools only you will not have any problems...

However, I strongly encourage you to switch to Google Docs instead. There are so many advantages and it's totally free. ;)

Well now you mention it, I've looked into Google Docs before and just couldn't get into it. But maybe it is time for a change, especially if its free  :p  I'll take a look

• 3 weeks later...

So, I stuck with Microsoft Word and I'm still able to use it exactly as I was doing. However I had a message yesterday to say as of today features will be disabled (nothing I have come across yet affects what I use it for).

However now at the top of my page it says in a big red box - Unlicensed Product...Does this make any difference?

So, I stuck with Microsoft Word and I'm still able to use it exactly as I was doing. However I had a message yesterday to say as of today features will be disabled (nothing I have come across yet affects what I use it for).

However now at the top of my page it says in a big red box - Unlicensed Product...Does this make any difference?

This was the best answer on Yahoo: ( https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091029070402AAKWCNl )

The disadvantages are: no regular automatic updates, no warranty in case of crash, low security, has a mid risk of crashing, and sometimes more error. 

Yes, it will destroy your laptop 'if' you do not have proper security maintained by yourself. Otherwise no. 

The differences are: 

Licensed- More security provided by Microsoft, regular updates and convenience. 

Unlicensed- Already mentioned above.

This was the best answer on Yahoo: ( https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091029070402AAKWCNl )

The disadvantages are: no regular automatic updates, no warranty in case of crash, low security, has a mid risk of crashing, and sometimes more error. 

Yes, it will destroy your laptop 'if' you do not have proper security maintained by yourself. Otherwise no. 

The differences are: 

Licensed- More security provided by Microsoft, regular updates and convenience. 

Unlicensed- Already mentioned above.

Okay, so basically I either need to buy the subscription or change to Google Docs. I'll consider my options tonight.