Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    First1klas
    Newest Member
    First1klas

• No registered users viewing this page.

Gonzo from Gonzo's quest was a real sailor turned explorer in 1511!!

bigdk88

Was on Wikipedia looking up explorers as it just occurred to me from something casumo posted on facebook could Gonzo have been a real person! He actually was a man called Gonzalo Guerrero a Spanish sailor turned shipwrecked explorer in 1511 who was shipwrecked in Mexico(one of net-ents changes were that he ended up in Peru) with the Mayans taking him as their slave. He became a fearless warrior and do gooder though it seems. Here is a statue commemorating him no doubt Net-ENT were inspired by this just look at that hearty beard and smile just less clothing! Amazing right!?

post-4909-0-84928300-1423234883_thumb.jpg

Alas Net-ENT may well have been inspired for gonzos look from this man and his kindness but it seems the majority of our hero gonzo's story was based on this tyrant!!  Alonso de Alvarado Montaya González de Cevallos y Miranda but the look and kind nature could well have been inspired by this guy above. The gonzo we know and love is not portrayed as a  brutal killer who went to every length to obtain gold. I hope the bearded man above was mostly the inspiration behind gonzo's guest. 

Short extract from wiki page of Alonso de Alvarado: Alonso de Alvarado Montaya González de Cevallos y Miranda (1500–1556) was a Spanish conquistador and knight of the Order of Santiago.

He was born at Secadura, now part of Voto, Cantabria. After a period in Mexico under the orders of Hernán Cortés, he joined the campaign of Francisco Pizarro.

He went to Peru with Pedro de Alvarado in search of gold in 1534. There he fought against the armies of Manco Inca Yupanqui that were besieging Lima in 1536, against Diego de Almagro in 1537 and at the Battle of Las Salinas in 1538. He later fought at Chupas and Jaquijahuana.

While charged by some contemporaries with avarice and cruelty, it is undeniable that during the period of civil wars in Peru (about 1537 to 1555) Alvarado was an unflinching and determined adherent to the interests of the Spanish crown. He always sided with those whom he thought to be sincere representatives of the crown, and it was not always profitable and safe to be on that side. Thus in 1537, he commanded the troops of Pizarro's followers, when Diego de Almagro claimed the mythical Inca city of Cuzco. Defeated and captured by the latter at Abancay, after effecting his escape under great difficulties as well as dangers, and rejoining Pizarro, whom he looked upon as the legitimate governor of Peru, he took part in all the bloody troubles that followed, always as a prominent military leader and always unsuccessful when in immediate command. Still, he was counted upon as a mainstay of the Spanish cause, and occupied a high military position.

Search for Eldorado
In Chachapoyas, Alvarado had knowledge of the fabulous treasures that a legendary city was keeping in the thickness of the forest, the mythical "El Dorado" and from there he organized new expeditions that mended the High Cashew and that came up to grounds of the lay-brothers, next to Moyobamba.

Really??

I always thought this game is inspired by Gonzalo Pizarro  :huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Pizarro

The second guy I mentioned went on expeditions with Gonzalo Pizarro's brother it says perhaps they based it on various men who went treasure hunting a mixture of the three would not be surprising. That statue pic has striking resemblance to gonzo though :) 

• 2 weeks later...

It is indeed based on Gonzo Pizarro. Some of Thunderkick's staff had a previous engagement with NetEnt and know this first hand. This is no secret. (Stockholm is a small place sometimes.)

Was almost 99% sure about that. For some of your guys coming from NetEnt I mean... Seems like the innovative and unconventional approach is quite an usual virtue across your geographic latitudes. ;)

Fascinating to hear about this. Funnily enough, I think I've learned more about history from slots than I ever did in school! We only really covered the Industrial Revolution, World War II, and the Middle East Crisis in school... and I'll be danged if I can remember anything about the Middle East that made sense!

• 4 weeks later...

i dont know about you,but as for me ,whenever i got double free spins feature i win almost nothing  :unknw:

My experience is totally different, cause all of my biggest wins (over 250 x bet) with Gonzo's Quest came from double free spin features.