Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jessthemess
    Newest Member
    Jessthemess

• No registered users viewing this page.

What if (Poker)

Agapito

A few factors to consider are what has happened behind you were you raised? were you put all in? has the raiser been playing tight? if you have been limped to I would personally raise K9 to try and gather information about how strong your opponents are sometimes they will flat call instead of reraising but if they reraise you and you hold k9 off suit I would fold but if you are suited and the raise isn't too much I'd call(depending on my stack size etc) 8Q and J7 also fine hands to call with but again fold J7 to a big raise and seriously consider folding q8 as well because the worst scenario is they have either QQ or a bigger queen possibly even suited like q8 is a huge underdog to AQ,KQ,JQ and even Q10 if you pair your queen the villain will win because of his or her kicker card(the 10). I try and examine everything my opponents do many poker players are easy to read like I can know exactly what they have and when I tell them they are in shock like how did ya know I had that just knew by the way they played the hand ;)!

Hands to play from any position is of course monsters like AA AK suited KK QQ JJ and even 1010(flat call with this because you could be facing bigger pair) Raise the monsters at least 3x BB I personally raise a bb for every limper behind me(limping means calling without raising the stakes) This is particularly important if you have KK because if an ace hits the flop and you haven't raised enough there is nothing worse than betting and betting all the way to river and they show A3 or A5 it's just brutal!

medium strength hands ak off suite,KQ,KJ,K10,Q10,AQ 99 88 77 66 55 Raise 99 and the rest I would only recommend a limp then if you don't make a set or at least have a straight draw combination of straight draws,flush draw etc or under cards proceed with caution bet small to see if they reraise you and if they raise large with an ace king queen etc or any card higher present on flop strongly consider folding if you do not make a set.

smaller pairs 44 33 22 these hands should only be min raised at most if you are reraised or put all in strongly consider folding you won't make a set enough for this to be worth it! However if you are deep into a tournament and short these are fine to take a chance with especially if you are drowning in the field. Oh and if you make the set bet big! you do not want your set ruined by flushes,straights,bigger sets(on turn card) for your opponent.

Next are hands like  10J 9J 910 89 these hands should also be played cautiously don't raise these too much because you may need to fold a min raise is really sufficient. if suited you can raise a bit more as they carry more value to you. You might be thinking why raise these hands? You raise them to kind of fool your opponents say you raise 910 they call and flop gives you a straight they have kk you have them in terrible shape and often they don't even know it and if the board is all diff suits its fine to check raise them this means you check they bet and you reraise their bet if they keep doing it do it until they are all in they show AA KK QQ and you have the nuts! and clean up!

next are hands like small connectors   79 68 67 56 45 These are called speculative hands this means they have potential for making a very strong hand especially if they are suited! Again though if raised think very carefully before calling with these they are perfectly ok to min raise or limp with I opt to raise to prevent it from being attractive for your opponent to come over the top! if you dont flop well though get outta there I generally try a c bet to see if they all will fold but if they reraise or bet big on turn I will fold immediately! bluff has failed and they have something!

now for hands I'd consider just complete junk! these are 72 82 92 j2 q2 q3 j3 93 105 j6 j4 q4 (k3 and any K or A ok if it is suited otherwise just muck it straight away) The main reason it's only a good plan to play suited kings and aces is because they make the highest possible flush(aside from rare straight flush) if you do it with Qs Js or 10s you are risk of facing the horrible bigger flush than you scenario! It's awful so unless any position and not been raised you should fold these type of hands. Sometimes of course you will know you have the best flush even if you don't have the Ace or King its circumstantial just pay attention to how the opponent bets how the react to a card hitting. 

Hope all this helps and good luck at the tables! I play poker all the time and watch the pros etc not a pro myself but have a good hold of the game excuse the pun! :D

Whoaw Bigy, your post should be framed somewhere!!  :good:

Is it true that the worst ever combination of two cards in hands is - 2 and 7 (different sign of course)??

Framed and given a gold medal for Bigdk88's explanation! Yes Jelena, 2 and 7...especially off suit is the worst hand in poker history! It's sometimes funny that a player would play 2 7 suited and win on it with a flush!! Like saying, "You used that awful dirty hand!?!?". 

Now that your soft pretty hands have guided your feet and filled them into a gambler's shoes, are you by chance a poker player pretty lady Jelena? 

Whaaaat? I don't get it? Lol

Bigdk is truly a pokerexpert, he probably can give you a much better answer. I am not a regular player.  The chances of winning your hand with 2 & 7 are extremely poor, unless offcourse you can show your pokerface, how good can you bluff? With 2&7 dealt you practically only can hope for pairs or full house, but you'd have the weakest (lowest) pair. Same goes for full house.

Framed and given a gold medal for Bigdk88's explanation! Yes Jelena, 2 and 7...especially off suit is the worst hand in poker history! It's sometimes funny that a player would play 2 7 suited and win on it with a flush!! Like saying, "You used that awful dirty hand!?!?". 

Now that your soft pretty hands have guided your feet and filled them into a gambler's shoes, are you by chance a poker player pretty lady Jelena? 

Haha, yes off suit is just a perfect word.. not "different sign" as I wrote :D

Poker certainly much more excites me than slots :p But my only experience so far is Zynga's FB poker and also just being the audience at local poker nights :D

I still have millions in my Zynga account, but I'm far away from the real poker player :)

Why is that? So it's not good if you get a 2 and a 7??

The main reasons it's a shockingly bad poker hand are:No straight can be made with it(straights are 3-7,4,-8,5,9,10-a etc(consists of 5 cards in ascending order),Even if you pair either of the cards you are a huge underdog to bigger pairs,It flops just awful because the only thing you can really make with 72 is a pair of 2s pair of 7s or a rubbish two pair(if you get really lucky) very slim chance of 3 of a kind,Even if you are suited its a garbage flush and you lose to any person with a higher suited card which is 8 or above No point even considering trying to make a straight flush with 72 either because you would require 3,4,5,6 of the same suit which just doesn't happen unless you are a lucky novice!! As toiletseat explains the only way you can play 72 is if you can convince your opponent it is a monster like raise it big and see if they all will fold but if not then you can either keep bluffing on cards that hit the flop turn river. If I have a large number of chips I am capable of bluffing with anything and its even better if I actually hit with my trash hand my most epic example of this is I was last to call and i raised 94 off and hit 2 pair then made a full house from river hahaha! its on my pokerstars boom player somewhere! The villain was sick as they had like A9 or K9 I think somehting stronger than my rubbish but I played the rubbish so well I got paid in full! ;)

Bluff your way through 7 2!!! Don't be the fish in the water, be the shark that eats the fish!!! Always remember that "your" the one asking the questions by placing high bets than the person calling someone's bet/raise!

I always take a command of the hand unless I don't have much of a hand if I am raised big and have 72 it's straight into the muck :)!

Now the spotlight question is does everyone raise on AA, go all in or just slow play them? I wanna here what everyone does with AA! I just go all in, sometimes this great hand can sink my hand with something like a full house, Kings over 4's (KKK44). Pocket Aces aren't enough at some point.

Now the spotlight question is does everyone raise on AA, go all in or just slow play them? I wanna here what everyone does with AA! I just go all in, sometimes this great hand can sink my hand with something like a full house, Kings over 4's (KKK44). Pocket Aces aren't enough at some point.

It depends on the situation, sometimes I like to persuade other players that I don't have a stronge hand at all, and the at I smash 'em with a big raise. Going all in after AA is dealt can make many players fold.

Yes and I still do not get the 2 and 7 thing!!!! :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

To put it simply Cocopop in texas hold em poker players are dealt 2 cards before the community cards come. When you are dealt 72 it's a really bad hand because its just not possible you have best starting hand pairs in poker range from 2s-aces aces of course being the best pocket starting hand. The only hope you have with 72 is if you pair both your 7 and 2 really or miraculously flop a full house but if this goes to showdown(the river) and you have a 7s full of 2s full house and they hold a monster pair or 3 of a kind don't expect to not receive abuse! :D This is why the only real way to play such a bad hand is strongly bet large and then continue betting large so rep the aces or kings however if they put you all in and you do not have at least 2 pairs with it you have to fold because a pair is no good your opponent can beat you if they have a 7 or 2 and it has an inevitable bigger side(kicker) card think an 8 or higher counts as a kicker. 3 of one card is no good either because they might have a larger kicker again even if you have 3 2s or 3 7s if they have just about any card better than 7 you lose lol! Recently I made a fairly epic fold in a cash game at unibet I was limped to and held 102(despise this hand) so the flop comes I pair my 10, naturally I bet only over card here being a king the turn to my horror is another 10! would rather have a 2 on turn more chance of winning, so I bet about half the pot see if he will fold nope he puts me all in almost instantly! I mulled over it for a bit and opted to fold I am certain he had the other 10 with an ace or as I stated before any kicker card. This is why these hands really suck! I wish he had raised big so I'd fold that guff hand before the bloody flop even came!! 

For monster hands I don't tend to shove them unless I am the short stack and my opponents have a 10/1 or more chip advantage on me you want to win the hand and not make it cheap for them to call speculative hands they won't play to a shove(unless they are a donk) If I have plenty chips I do a 5xbb raise sometimes more if it's calling stations! Then my next move is based on board texture and how my opponent bets ;)!