Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sereck1
    Newest Member
    Sereck1

• No registered users viewing this page.

Comic about European History. :)

Just for a dog. :D Well, it is same with almost all animals and things. Dog was just an example. :D

Another funny thing is that one similar looking words might mean totally different and sometimes one alphabet can change meaning totally, like:

Minä tapaan sinut=I meet you
Minä tapan sinut=I kill you

:lol:

I am so impressed, still can't believe how many words you have! It's just..too much and unnecessary :)

Is there some minimum, an average Finn should know, to be considered literate? (like in Chinese..you need to know about 7000 symbols, not sure about this number, to be considered as man who knows language and letter) :)

Well, we learn to read and write similar way like most Europeans. Of course I see my language not so difficult, because I speak it in my mother-language. ;)  Well, that would not difficult to understand for Hungarians and Turks, because their languages have thatkind of system too, though differences also. We dont use words like in English "for", "to", "the", "from" etc. ;):)

Well, Finnish is agglutinative language, so easy to make new words from one word. ;)

Well, others can be happy that most Finns speak quite good English-language. :D

Smart country! Here's the same.. I'm completely surprised when some young person doesn't speak English here!

Even if you don't learn it in school (which is impossible, it's obligatory subject in every primary and high school), that's just impossible to avoid it, by being surrounded with social media, blogs, movies, songs, news...all in English :)

I mean, it's hard to find a decent job, without at least, a medium English knowledge level!

A decent job here is usually to work for some foreign company, but that's another story...

Afi, are all the Malaysians speaking English so well as you do? :)

Afi, are all the Malaysians speaking English so well as you do?  :)

Hehehe...thank you very much for the compliment Jelena dear. :give_rose:

The answer is no. The younger generations of Malaysians are generally even worse off...due to the current educational shortcomings, whereby the local national language takes precedent over English. Not in my time! I was English educated all the way, and English happened to be my best subject in all my exams! Thanks to being a school Librarian and a bookworm! Hehehe.

Haha, yeah, I'll never understand that or even worse - synchronised translation! 

1) Sounds awful

2) Bad acting

3) Bigger costs (it's probably more expensive to pay the whole troupe of voices, then just to have subtitles) 

4) Keeps you from learning the language

I know some Finns who speak english with Yorkshire-accent, because of TV. :D

The answer is no. The younger generations of Malaysians are generally even worse off...due to the current educational shortcomings, whereby the local national language takes precedent over English. Not in my time! I was English educated all the way, and English happened to be my best subject in all my exams! Thanks to being a school Librarian and a bookworm! Hehehe.

English is studied in Malaysia so has that something to do with colonial-past? That is in many countries and for example Indians and Pakistanis speaks very good english.

Afi is it true in Malaysia you walk Lizards like we walk dogs?

English is studied in Malaysia so has that something to do with colonial-past? That is in many countries and for example Indians and Pakistanis speaks very good english.

Yes indeed, Lordy. In fact, Malaysian history has got a variety on foreign influences. Portugese, Dutch and of course English as the last colonial power before the country's independence. Most Asian countries are having this same colonial past, but at varying extents of course.

Afi is it true in Malaysia you walk Lizards like we walk dogs?

OMG!!!  :shok:  :D Wherever did you hear that from Sharon???!!!  :p

No, that's not true at all...hahahaha. You walk dogs, we walk dogs too, LOL.  :lol:

Only a handful of hobbyists keep iguanas for pets. Wild lizards are plentiful no doubt but they don't need people to walk them...they walk alone, by themselves!  :D

Interestingly enough, before the widespread advent of the internet, there were still many people who thought that Malaysians still live on trees like Tarzan! Hahahaha. Not true at all. A lot of Malaysians nowadays tend to live in tall 'concrete trees'...called apartments and condominiums!  :D Don't we all nowadays?  ;)

OMG!!!  :shok:  :D Wherever did you hear that from Sharon???!!!  :p

No, that's not true at all...hahahaha. You walk dogs, we walk dogs too, LOL.  :lol:

Only a handful of hobbyists keep iguanas for pets. Wild lizards are plentiful no doubt but they don't need people to walk them...they walk alone, by themselves!  :D

Interestingly enough, before the widespread advent of the internet, there were still many people who thought that Malaysians still live on trees like Tarzan! Hahahaha. Not true at all. A lot of Malaysians nowadays tend to live in tall 'concrete trees'...called apartments and condominiums!  :D Don't we all nowadays?  ;)

You have dogs?

Yes indeed, Lordy. In fact, Malaysian history has got a variety on foreign influences. Portugese, Dutch and of course English as the last colonial power before the country's independence. Most Asian countries are having this same colonial past, but at varying extents of course.

Very true. Though some exceptions also, like Indonesia, where is nothing left from Dutch, I heard. 

Well, for same reason in Finland we have to study swedish in schools, though most people (like me) forgets it later, because almost no one here needs it. 

Interestingly enough, before the widespread advent of the internet, there were still many people who thought that Malaysians still live on trees like Tarzan! Hahahaha. Not true at all. A lot of Malaysians nowadays tend to live in tall 'concrete trees'...called apartments and condominiums!   :D Don't we all nowadays?   ;)

When I think of Malesia, first comes to my mind Formula1 and Petronas Tower. :D

When I think of Malesia, first comes to my mind Formula1 and Petronas Tower.  :D

Yep! I used to follow Formula 1 races like crazy, but only during Schumacher's era. Not so nowadays. Reading up on race results is sufficient for now.  :D Petronas Twin Towers - they are a sight to behold at night time, especially on occasions when the towers get special lighting effects for a more dazzling look!  :good: