Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yarayelena
    Newest Member
    yarayelena

• No registered users viewing this page.

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I hope this post is under the right forum category as I'm new here, let me know if it isn't and I'll swap it over!

So why I need your help…

I'm a London based photographer, I do a lot of portraiture for the Guardian Weekend, Telegraph Magazine and Monocle. When I'm not working for these magazines I like to do my own personal projects.

One that I'm working on at the moment is a portrait series of online gamers across the UK. I want the project to almost be like a survey of people who participate in online gaming in order to show the increasingly broad demographic of those taking part. I guess in a much broader sense (without meaning to get all arty!) I'm interested in what the "connected world" means on a social basis. Sorry, bit a mouthful!

But if anyone would be interested (especially any in the southeast or london) in having their portrait any help would be much appreciated!

I'm not sure if rules permit me to post my site, but I can always forward these details on if you are interested.

Thanks very much!

Hello there and welcome to the AskGamblers forum! :)

Your topic was moved to a proper place, I hope you don't mind.

Regarding your request, I think we have many online gamblers here, residing or playing from within the UK. So, maybe some of them would be ready to become 'stars'! :D

External links are forbidden, unless they have been approved by the forum admins.

Let me know if you need further assistance. ;)

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I hope this post is under the right forum category as I'm new here, let me know if it isn't and I'll swap it over!

So why I need your help…

I'm a London based photographer, I do a lot of portraiture for the Guardian Weekend, Telegraph Magazine and Monocle. When I'm not working for these magazines I like to do my own personal projects.

One that I'm working on at the moment is a portrait series of online gamers across the UK. I want the project to almost be like a survey of people who participate in online gaming in order to show the increasingly broad demographic of those taking part. I guess in a much broader sense (without meaning to get all arty!) I'm interested in what the "connected world" means on a social basis. Sorry, bit a mouthful!

But if anyone would be interested (especially any in the southeast or london) in having their portrait any help would be much appreciated!

I'm not sure if rules permit me to post my site, but I can always forward these details on if you are interested.

Thanks very much!

Okay, I think I'm with you...but when you say a survey of people who take part in online gaming...what kind of light are they being portrayed under? A negative one or a positive one? As I am from Wales we both know that the UK government at the moment are trying to reduce the number of people that do gamble online and us gamblers are being slated for doing it..so much for being a 'free world' so what I'm trying to say really is...is it going to be portrayed as bad press then?

Hope that makes sense

Oh valleys has just explained to me what you meant! I think, do you just want portraits of the different types of people that gamble online in the uk? Like to show the diversity of online gamblers ? If that is what u mean I think its a great project, I hope you manage to get some participants and we would love to see the final project here when you finish...maybe you could even mention Ask Gamblers somehow...it would be great publicity for this fantastic forum...that is going to help you find people!!!

I am from Wales...not too far from London really but a bit out of the way, otherwise I would have offered my services.

Valleys (my partner...also an AG member) says if they are nude pictures, he will come down on the train lol.....just kidding

Hello there and welcome to the AskGamblers forum! :)

Your topic was moved to a proper place, I hope you don't mind.

Regarding your request, I think we have many online gamblers here, residing or playing from within the UK. So, maybe some of them would be ready to become 'stars'! :D

External links are forbidden, unless they have been approved by the forum admins.

Let me know if you need further assistance. ;)

Look Valdes, I could be your promotions manager! Im branching out to all sorts now (read my post to understand what I mean lol) ...how do I get Luciana in on this too lol....promotions manager...ooooh I like that it has a nice ring to it.

Sharon Davies a.k.a cocopop3011

Official AG Promotions Manager

Ooo...Im already designing my business cards...ill send the bill on..he he

Look Valdes, I could be your promotions manager! Im branching out to all sorts now (read my post to understand what I mean lol) ...how do I get Luciana in on this too lol....promotions manager...ooooh I like that it has a nice ring to it.

Sharon Davies a.k.a cocopop3011

Official AG Promotions Manager

Ooo...Im already designing my business cards...ill send the bill on..he he

I bet you'll quit this 'promotion thing job' in less then two weeks! You can barely imagine what's the real meaning of having a "full e-mail inbox"! :p:D

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the responses.

I want to actually be fairly objective and let the images speak for themselves. My idea was to pair images together and present them side by side. On one side would be a photograph of where you like to game, showing the environment and context around. The other would be a waiste up portrait of the gamer, against a clean plain background. I hope that by doing this and photographing a wide variety of gamers we can start to see a portrait emerge of the wider gaming community if you see what I mean? I'm not trying to create any bias in anyway... I want the viewer to be able to decide for themselves.

Thanks for the offer of productions manager too!

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any other questions!

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the responses.

I want to actually be fairly objective and let the images speak for themselves. My idea was to pair images together and present them side by side. On one side would be a photograph of where you like to game, showing the environment and context around. The other would be a waiste up portrait of the gamer, against a clean plain background. I hope that by doing this and photographing a wide variety of gamers we can start to see a portrait emerge of the wider gaming community if you see what I mean? I'm not trying to create any bias in anyway... I want the viewer to be able to decide for themselves.

Thanks for the offer of productions manager too!

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any other questions!

Lol...well good luck ..hope it works out for you and be sure to come back to show us won't you

• 2 years later...