Login
EN
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Evie666
    Newest Member
    Evie666

• No registered users viewing this page.

This one needs some explaining??   :blush:  Don't get it  :p

Copied from Wikipedia for convenience:

"picture is worth a thousand words" is an English idiom. It refers to the notion that a complex idea can be conveyed with just a single still image or that an image of a subject conveys its meaning or essence more effectively than a description does"

I like the irony of the cartoon, referencing today's 'economic climate' because pictures do seem to be worth far less nowadays, they are taken and viewed instantly, thousands can be taken as opposed to the standard 27 exposure films in old cameras, and then they are very easily edited beyond all recognition with Photoshop (or faked altogether!) so you could say that everyday photography has lost some of it's value. Or am I just getting old?? 

Copied from Wikipedia for convenience:

"picture is worth a thousand words" is an English idiom. It refers to the notion that a complex idea can be conveyed with just a single still image or that an image of a subject conveys its meaning or essence more effectively than a description does"

I like the irony of the cartoon, referencing today's 'economic climate' because pictures do seem to be worth far less nowadays, they are taken and viewed instantly, thousands can be taken as opposed to the standard 27 exposure films in old cameras, and then they are very easily edited beyond all recognition with Photoshop (or faked altogether!) so you could say that everyday photography has lost some of it's value. Or am I just getting old?? 

Yep! You're just getting old  :p  :p

With digital photography nowadays, no one can be absolutely sure that a photo is genuine or not...

digital images can be manipulated in almost every way possible...and make absolutely astounding movie scenarios! :D  

Gone are the days of taking photos on Kodak films. You can double exposed an image, even multiple-exposed it, but you cannot lie with it.  ;)

With digital photography nowadays, no one can be absolutely sure that a photo is genuine or not...

digital images can be manipulated in almost every way possible...and make absolutely astounding movie scenarios! :D  

Gone are the days of taking photos on Kodak films. You can double exposed an image, even multiple-exposed it, but you cannot lie with it.  ;)

Another example of my impending old-age is the fact that in a way I kinda miss my clubbing days when I would use a whole film in a disposable camera on a night out or at a gig, then a few days waiting to see any of the pics while they were being developed. There was something really exciting about that, as annoying as it was on the occasions when it would turn out that half of the film was over-exposed! They were the days eh. Co-incidentally, those were the days when I met my GF and (fellow AG member) Raverbabe. Fun times.

Although when Amy and I went to Ibiza last summer, she ended up forgetting her digital camera so we ended up having to buy a disposable from a shop in Santa Eulalia (only on the day before our last day there though!) Unsurprisingly, we still haven't had the damn camera developed!! 

Well mate, I really miss the thrill and enjoyment of capturing beautiful shots on Kodak films. During my younger days, I had even developed myself those black & white films, then have the good shots enlarged into B&W prints, also done by myself. At one stage, I was also into developing colour films and slides, but that didn't last long. Yeah, I had all those paraphernalia in those days...a real photography fanatic, you can say.

But nowadays, it's only just slots fanatic. Hahaha.  :D

Hehe, have no doubts you would surely love to do that! :p

Guess I could join too though! :D

Wonder if the Rugby Federation would ever allow a man's Rugby Team against a woman's Rugby Team???  :huh:

Myself and ValDes would probably be the first to sign up for it...hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...

No offence guys but have you ever seen any female rugby players?? You'd be eaten alive! :D

Oh geees...I must admit I haven't seen any...you mean there are women rugby players?  :huh:

Sounds like I just came out of the Amazon jungle...hahaha.  :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...