Fantastic official news from BGroom: The lowest Online Backgammon Rake
Get your online bonus by first deposit.
Single Game rake will be 3.9% flat. Match games, up to 3 points the rake will be 4.9% in a match.
- 4 - 7 points, the rake will increase by extra 0.5%.
- 8 - 12 points , another increase of 0.5%
- 13 - 17 points, the rake will also increase by another 0.5%.
- 18 - 21 points, further increase of 0.5%.
4-7 point game the rake will be 5.4%. There is a minimum rake of 25 cents per single and match games. As Backgammon is considered a skill game, BGroom want to give confidence to the customers to play with players of their own level.
If a customer chooses to play against a player of a lesser level, then their rival is less skilled and the chances of them winning are greater for this reason. In situation like this, the player with the upper rating will pay an additional percentage on the rake if they win. To support the customers to play with players at their own level BGroom have applied the following rake additions for both single and match games. The rake increases, below, do not apply to the lesser ranked player wins:
- 50%, if a customer has 1 ranking group difference between them.
- 100%, if a customer has 2 ranking group differences between them.
- 150%, if a customer has 3 ranking group differences between them.
- 200%, if a customer has 4 ranking group differences between them.
If both players have ratings over 1700 then the above increase rules will not apply. Also, if the lower ranked player wins the game/match, the above increase rules do not apply.
- Grey: New
- Green: 0-1499
- Blue: 1500-1599
- Purple: 1600-1699
- Yellow: 1700-1799
- Red: 1800 +
Every new customer is assigned the grey rating particularly classed as "New" Once gaming commences the ranking will change accordingly. When a customer is classed within the "New" group, the calculation for rake of the green level will apply. Ratings are decided based on wins & losses and never on the type of game play.
News directly to your Inbox RSS Print Article